Learn how to quickly roast frozen or fresh green beans to perfection in your air fryer. The buttery soy sauce glaze makes them the best!
Air Fryer Green Beans are so simple to make. They can be seasoned any way you like. I personally prefer them glazed with a mixture of soy sauce, butter and brown sugar. Garlic, lemon, and/or Parmesan cheese would be great choices too! You can watch how easy it is to make these over on my Instagram account. Frozen or fresh, you’ll love how your air fry roasts green beans to perfection.
Ingredients for Air Fryer Green Beans
- Green Beans I used a 12-oz bag of frozen green beans. Specifically, I used this brand of Haricots Verts, which are simply a French variety of green beans that are narrow with small seeds.
- Soy Sauce
- Light Brown Sugar
How to make Frozen Air Fryer Green Beans
There’s no need to add oil to your frozen green beans before air frying them. Simply open the bag and pour the green beans directly into the basket of your air fryer. Shake them around so they are evenly distributed. Air fry the frozen green beans at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, add soy sauce, butter and brown sugar to a microwave-safe dish. Microwave the mixture for one minute. Give the glaze a stir to make sure it is all melted together.
Transfer the cooked green beans to a clean bowl. Pour the soy sauce glaze over them and toss to combine. Serve immediately.
How to make Fresh Air Fryer Green Beans
I prefer frozen green beans because they are ready to go. But here’s everything you need to know about prepping fresh green beans. Once they are prepared, toss them with a couple of teaspoons of vegetable or olive oil. Place them in the basket of your air fryer in an even layer. Air fry them at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes. Depending on how tender you like your green beans, you may need to continue to air fry them for an additional 2 – 5 minutes.
Should I soak my Green Beans?
It is not necessary to soak fresh or frozen green beans before air frying them. Green beans contain plenty of water and as you can see by this before and after picture, the air fryer draws that water out.
- I use a Philips XXL Air Fryer to test all of my recipes
- Use a set of metal tongs for tossing the green beans with the glaze
- Alternatively, season your frozen or fresh green beans with lemon juice, butter and Parmesan cheese
- Serve air fryer green beans with baked pork tenderloin and smashed potatoes
Foodtastic Mom is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Any highlighted, clickable Amazon link you see is an affiliate link that I may earn advertising fees on.
Thank you so much for being a faithful reader and supporter of Foodtastic Mom. Be sure to PIN and print this recipe!
Air Fryer Green Beans
- Air Fryer
- 12 oz frozen green beans
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tsp light brown sugar
- Open the bag of frozen green beans and dump them into the basket of your air fryer. Shake around so they are evenly distributed.
- Air fry the green beans at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the soy sauce, butter and brown sugar into a microwave-safe dish. Microwave on high power for about one minute. Give the mixture a stir to make sure it is all melted together.
- Transfer the air fried green beans to a clean bowl. Toss them with the soy sauce glaze. Serve immediately.