Find out the correct time and temperature for county fair quality corn dogs at home. Plus lots more must-have air fryer recipes!
Do I really need to post a “recipe” for air fryer corn dogs? The answer is yes. Depending on the brand, most packaging hasn’t caught up yet to the air fryer craze. I remember as a kid going to our local county fair. And my Aunt would always look forward to a corn dog. These days at state and county fairs, they’ll fry anything, even sticks of butter. While that’s never appealed to me, I agree with my Aunt that corn dogs are a treat to look forward to. And sometimes when you just don’t have it in you to answer the “What’s for Dinner?” question… a treat is just what everyone needs. That’s why you need to remember that Air Fryer Corn Dogs exist.
How to make Air Fryer Corn Dogs
“Corny dogs” made their debut at the Texas State Fair back in 1942. But hot dogs in a cornbread batter made appearances in Illinois and New York too. No one person can be attributed to the invention of the corn dog. What’s certain is that they are a tasty treat that is fun to eat.
Most air fryers will fit four corn dogs. Place them in the basket. Make sure they are not touching each other so that they cook evenly. Air fry them at 375 degrees F for 13 – 15 minutes. That’s all there is to it. But I have a few tips to make them even better.
Tips for Fair-Quality Air Fryer Corn Dogs
- A light coating of oil – To really give these corn dogs a fantastic crunch, brush each one with a light coating of vegetable oil before cooking. It’s optional, but really helps to mimic that deep fried texture.
- Thawing – It is not necessary to thaw the corn dogs. Simply air fry them from frozen.
- Burning sticks – The sticks will not burn in your air fryer. Though please do be careful as the sticks will be hot. So let them cool for a bit before giving them to children.
- Mini corn dogs – Make sure to not crowd the basket and only cook these in a single layer. Cook them at the same temperature for less time (375 degrees F for 8 – 10 minutes).
- Make it a meal – Some great ideas for side dishes to go with these corn dogs are baked beans, macaroni salad, oven baked macaroni and cheese, fruit salad, and brownies.
- I use a Philips XXL Air Fryer to test all of my recipes.
- Use a small silicone pastry brush for applying a light coating of oil to the corn dogs.
- Brand of corn dogs I used for this recipe.
- Do not use Pam-style, aerosol cooking sprays in your air fryer. It will damage the coating of your non-stick basket.
Foodtastic Mom is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Any highlighted, clickable Amazon link you see is an affiliate link that I may earn advertising fees on.
Thank you so much for being a faithful reader and supporter of Foodtastic Mom. Be sure to PIN and print this recipe!
Air Fryer Corn Dogs
- Air Fryer
- 4 Corn Dogs frozen
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- Place the frozen corn dogs in the basket of your air fryer. Make sure they are not touching.
- Lightly brush the corn dogs with vegetable oil.
- Cook the frozen corn dogs at 375 degrees F for 13 - 15 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite condiments.
More Must-Have Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Shrimp Tacos
- The Best Pork Chops
- Perfect Potato Skins
- Air Fryer Apples
- Chicken Chimichangas
- Find all of the rest of my air fryer recipes HERE
Maria San Juan says
OMG! This is lovely!!!! My kids will surely love this!
I am positive they will. Mine do!
I am always looking for new ways to use my air fryer and these look delicious.
It’s the crunch for me 🙂 Plus my personal favorite is Kroger brand, all-beef hotdogs. So good!
Pinned to try for family next weekend. Thank you!
Awesome! You’re welcome!
I didn’t know that corn dogs would turn out so well in the air fryer! I think this is the way I’m going to be cooking them from now on!
Yep, there’s no comparison to corn dogs from the air fryer and those from the oven. The air fryer WINS.
Caitlyn Erhardt says
These turned out great, and my kids loved this for lunch. Love my air fryer so much!
I couldn’t survive without my air fryer at this point! So glad your kids enjoyed the corn dogs.
So many childhood memories from this recipe. These turn out great in the air fryer, I used the Instant Pot Duo Crisp + Air Fryer.
I love it when food can transport you back to happy memories. Thanks for letting us know your brand of air fryer – they definitely vary from brand to brand.