Stuffed French Toast has sweet cream cheese filling between slices of brioche and is topped with homemade raspberry syrup. It’s perfect for Christmas morning breakfast!
When I find a recipe that my family enjoys, I stick with it. This recipe for stuffed french toast with raspberry syrup was discovered on a trip I took to a local bed and breakfast many years ago. Both the breakfasts and dinner were so good in fact that I purchased the owner’s cookbook. That is where the inspiration for this holiday breakfast came from.
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email & I'll send it to your inbox. Plus, get great new recipes from me every week!
What to Serve with Stuffed French Toast
This french toast has pretty much ruined me for all other french toast. Stuffing it is essential. It’s like a french toast grilled cheese. What could be better? And the red raspberry syrup just takes it over the top. It’s sweet and tart, fresh and bright. And festive looking for any time of year but especially during the holidays. It’s really the perfect breakfast. I make it after we open presents on Christmas morning, when I’m still pretty sleepy from staying up late the night before wrapping those presents. Meaning this breakfast is simple and practically fool-proof.
Foodtastic Mom is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Any highlighted, clickable Amazon link you see is an affiliate link that I may earn advertising fees on.
Thank you so much for being a faithful reader and supporter of Foodtastic Mom. Be sure to PIN and print this recipe!
Stuffed French Toast
- 1 loaf high-quality farmhouse style bread I use Pepperidge Farm
- 6 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp apricot jam
- 1 tbsp sour cream
- 5 large eggs
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 12 oz frozen raspberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp apricot jam
- In a medium pot, combine the frozen raspberries, 1/2 cup sugar, maple syrup and two tablespoons of apricot jam. Bring to a low boil and reduce heat to simmer the raspberry syrup for about 5 minutes. Stir, remove from heat, and set aside until ready to serve.
- Heat a griddle to medium-high heat.
- With a hand mixer, whip together the cream cheese, 1/4 cup of sugar, two tablespoons of apricot jam and sour cream until completely combined.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together the eggs, half and half, two tablespoons of sugar, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Evenly spread the filling mixture in-between two slices of bread to make french toast "sandwiches". I get seven sandwiches from one loaf.
- One at a time, evenly dip both sides of your sandwiches in the soaking liquid. Fry on both sides of your well-greased griddle until well browned and filling mixture is "melty".
- Serve with raspberry syrup.
More Breakfast Recipes
- Buttermilk French Toast with Peach Syrup
- Classic Quiche Lorraine
- Breakfast Potatoes
- Eggs Benedict Breakfast Bake
- The Best Buttermilk Pancakes