This Quesadilla Burger combines a taco spiced hamburger patty with melted cheese in between two grilled, flour tortillas.
Do you like burgers? Do you like quesadillas? Then you’ll love this Quesadilla Burger! I think quesadilla burgers used to be on the menu at Applebee’s. I vaguely remember them from when I was a waitress there (a very long time ago). For mine I seasoned my ground beef with taco seasoning and added a little mayonnaise for an extra juicy burger. Quesadilla burgers are big on flavor. And they are ready very quickly, making them a great option for family dinner on a busy night.
How to Make a Quesadilla Burger
Season the ground beef and shape into burgers. Cook the burgers in a non-stick skillet until they reach 160 degrees F. Layer the burgers with shredded cheese in between two small tortillas. Grill both sides of the tortillas until the cheese is melted.
What Goes on a Quesadilla Burger
These are the toppings I serve on the side for adding to the cooked Quesadilla Burger –
- Shredded Lettuce
- Jalapeño Peppers
- Cook the burgers and quesadillas in a large, non-stick skillet similar to this one
- Use a digital meat thermometer for checking the temperature of your burgers
- These are the tortillas I use for the burgers
Foodtastic Mom is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Any highlighted, clickable Amazon link you see is an affiliate link that I may earn advertising fees on.
Thank you so much for being a faithful reader and supporter of Foodtastic Mom. Be sure to PIN and print this recipe!
- 1 1/2 lbs ground sirloin
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 8 street taco size tortillas
- 2 tbsp butter
- shredded lettuce, guacamole, salsa and pickled jalapeño pepper slices for serving
- In a large bowl mix together the ground sirloin with the taco seasoning, Worcestershire sauce and mayonnaise. Form into four patties. Make sure the patties are about the same size as your flour tortillas.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the burgers until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F. About 3 - 5 minutes per side.
- Remove the burgers and wipe the skillet clean.
- Make the quesadillas. Each quesadilla will start with a tortilla, followed by shredded cheese, then a burger, then more shredded cheese and then another tortilla.
- Melt the butter in the skillet over medium heat. Grill the quesadilla until both sides are lightly browned and the cheese is melted.
- Serve each quesadilla burger with toppings on the side.
More Mexican Recipes
- Mexican Rice and Bean Soup
- Chicken Burrito Bowls
- Short Rib Tacos
- Pork Carnitas on the Grill
- Air Fryer Chimichangas