These Mini Tacos are a terrific and easy appetizer for a crowd. They are gluten-free and have a creamy chicken and green chile filling.
I love tacos and like finding new ways to enjoy them. I had some Jalapeño Popper Dip leftover the other day and wondered what to do with it. These Mini Tacos are the result. A creamy, cheesy and spicy filling (with chicken) baked in mini corn tortillas. They look fun on a platter with a bowl of your favorite salsa to dip them in.
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email & I'll send it to your inbox. Plus, get great new recipes from me every week!
How to Make Mini Tacos
Probably the most time consuming part of this recipe is cutting the corn tortillas to size. Purchase thin yellow corn tortillas. Then use a water glass, about 3 inches in diameter, as your guide to trim each tortilla into a smaller circle. Cut the leftover corn tortillas scraps and use them as topping for chicken tortilla soup.
Once the tortillas have been trimmed into smaller circles, spread about 2 teaspoons of the filling into the center and fold over to make a taco shape. Bake them on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
Are Mini Tacos Gluten Free?
Yes, these are. I use corn tortillas for the taco shells. The filling is cheese, mayonnaise, chicken and green chiles. So these mini tacos are good for those who can’t eat gluten.
- Brand of corn tortillas used in this recipe
- Pairing knife I used to cut my tortillas
- Sheet pans I use in my kitchen
- Parchment paper (prevents sticking)
Foodtastic Mom is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Any highlighted, clickable Amazon link you see is an affiliate link that I may earn advertising fees on.
Thank you so much for being a faithful reader and supporter of Foodtastic Mom. Be sure to PIN and print this recipe!
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 4 oz fire roasted green chiles drained
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded rotisserie chicken
- 2 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 36 mini corn tortillas
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- With a hand or stand mixer, blend together the cream cheese, mayonnaise, green chiles, cheddar cheese, rotisserie chicken, lime juice and salt.
- Place about 2 teaspoons of the cream cheese filling into the center of each tortilla. Fold to make a taco.
- Place the mini tacos on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake until cheese is melting and tortillas are starting to get crispy and browned, 10 - 15 minutes.
- Serve the tacos with salsa to dip.