This Lemony White Bean Hummus has just six ingredients and should be a staple for your warm-weather snacking.
I’ve come across a lot of articles on how to make the smoothest, most perfect hummus at home. It usually involves peeling a lot of chickpeas. I don’t know about you, but I definitely don’t have time for that.
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email & I'll send it to your inbox. Plus, get great new recipes from me every week!
What is Hummus?
According to the Google dictionary it’s a thick paste made with chickpeas, sesame, olive oil, lemon and garlic. OK so my hummus can check off three of the ingredients. I’ve seen plenty of white bean versions of hummus in stores, especially Trader Joe’s. So I still feel confident in calling this dip a hummus.
My neighbor gave me this recipe. She’s a really good cook and has taught me a lot over the years. She has an amazing herb garden too, whereas I am pretty much a brown thumb. So often times in the summer I can walk across the street and grab some fresh parsley for this lemony white bean hummus – which of course makes it taste even better.
Tips for Lemony White Bean Hummus:
- Buy the best quality olive oil you can for this dip. I like this brand.
- I use a food processor similar to this one to blend my hummus.
- The olive topping is optional (and not included in the 6-ingredient count) but it is delicious.
- The hummus will keep in the refrigerator (stored in an air-tight container) for up to 3 days.
Foodtastic Mom is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Any highlighted, clickable Amazon link you see is an affiliate link that I may earn advertising fees on.
Thank you so much for being a faithful reader and supporter of Foodtastic Mom. Be sure to PIN and print this recipe!
Lemony White Bean Hummus
- 1 15 oz can white cannellini beans drained
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley coursley chopped
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp kalamata olives finely chopped
- 1 tbsp feta cheese crumbled
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley finely chopped
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine the beans, parsley, lemon juice, garlic and salt. Pulse to combine and then while food processor is running, stream in the olive oil until the hummus is smooth. Store covered in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Combine the minced olives, parsley, feta cheese, olive oil and lemon zest. Top hummus with it right before ready to serve.
More healthy snack recipes:
- Tahini Free Hummus
- Buffalo Chicken Celery Dip
- Green Eggs and Ham Deviled Eggs
- Canned Tomato Bruschetta
- Fried Beet Chips