Creamy Lemon Chicken is a quick dinner with chicken breasts baked in a creamy lemon sauce to serve over rice or pasta.
I love my Mom’s recipe for Chicken Divan. It’s a favorite from my childhood that I still enjoy making today. But it’s not exactly healthy. It’s delicious comfort food to be sure. But the recipe is heavy-handed with mayonnaise and shredded cheese. This recipe is similar but the sauce is lighter, minus the cheese. Served over broccoli rice it reminds me of my Mom’s Chicken Divan. This Creamy Lemon Chicken is so full of flavor. And takes hardly any time to prepare. Making it perfect for a busy weeknight dinner.
How to make Creamy Lemon Chicken
It’s almost embarrassing how easy this dinner is to make. Place boneless, skinless chicken breasts in a casserole dish. Whisk together the sauce ingredients. The sauce is a combination of cream of chicken soup, fresh lemon juice, sour cream, parsley and garlic salt. Pour the sauce over the chicken. Cover the dish and bake until the chicken reaches a temperature of 165 degrees F.
What to serve with Creamy Lemon Chicken
- Broccoli Rice
- Roasted Spaghetti Squash
- Oven Roasted Vegetables
- Quick Broccoli Pasta
- Crispy Smashed Potatoes
- I use a casserole dish similar to this one
- Always use a digital thermometer to check the temperature of cooked meat before serving
Foodtastic Mom is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Any highlighted, clickable Amazon link you see is an affiliate link that I may earn advertising fees on.
Thank you so much for being a faithful reader and supporter of Foodtastic Mom. Be sure to PIN and print this recipe!
Creamy Lemon Chicken
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can (10.5 oz) cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the four chicken breasts in a single layer in a casserole dish.
- Whisk together the cream of chicken soup, sour cream, lemon juice and seasonings.
- Spread the sauce evenly over the chicken.
- Cover the dish. Bake the chicken for 35 - 40 minutes. Until the sauce is bubbling and the chicken is cooked to 165 degrees F.
Leave a Reply