This Chocolate Chip Cookie Candy Crackle is an indulgent treat with all natural ingredients that will put a smile on anyone’s face. This post is sponsored by Thinsters and RMD Advertising. All opinions are mine alone.
Greetings WLWT viewers! This is the recipe I demonstrated on live TV this morning. I’m glad you’re here. Before scrolling down to find out how to make this Chocolate Chip Cookie Candy Crackle, I’d love to direct you to a few of my favorite (some might even say famous) recipes…
- Simply Delicious Chicken and Dumplings
- French Strawberry Cake
- Slow Cooker Short Ribs
- Eggs Benedict Breakfast Bake
- The Best Cheesy Potatoes
I have a lot of favorite recipes, but I’m particularly partial to some of my recipe categories. Here’s my current favorite categories (click on the links to be taken to multiple recipes, not just one) …
Chocolate Chip Cookie Candy Crackle can be made all year long, but it’s particularly suited for the holidays and gift giving. The chocolate chip Thinster cookies in this crackle make for a really delicious treat. Thinsters are crunchy, bite-sized cookies made with only real, non-GMO ingredients. I like to top my candy crackle one of two ways – either with a little sea salt or crushed up candy canes. The candy cane version is more photogenic, but I really like the sweet and salty flavor combination of the crackle topped with sea salt too!
Kitchen Tips for making Chocolate Chip Cookie Candy Crackle:
- This is the size of sheet pan I use for this recipe.
- Be sure to line the pan with foil and spray it cooking spray for easy release of the candy crackle from the pan.
- Use an offset spatula like this one for smoothing the chocolate chips on top.
Foodtastic Mom is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Any highlighted, clickable Amazon link you see is an affiliate link that I may earn advertising fees on.
Thank you so much for being a faithful reader and supporter of Foodtastic Mom. Be sure to PIN and print this recipe!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Candy Crackle
- 1 bag THINSTERS Chocolate Chip Cookie Thins
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups mini chocolate chips
- sea salt optional
- crushed candy canes optional
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Line a quarter size sheet pan (9x13) with foil and spray it with cooking spray.
- Arrange the Thinsters Chocolate Chip Cookie Thins to cover the bottom of the pan.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the butter and brown sugar. Stir until completely melted and starting to bubble.
- Pour the brown sugar and butter mixture evenly over the cookies.
- Bake in the oven for about 5 minutes, or until it is bubbling.
- Remove the pan from the oven and pour the chocolate chips evenly on top.
- Pop the pan back in the oven for one minute. Remove and smooth the chocolate chips on top of the cookies with an offset spatula.
- If desired, sprinkle the warm chocolate with sea salt or crushed candy canes.
- Place the pan in the freezer for about 20 minutes.
- Remove the cookie candy crackle from the pan and break into pieces to serve.