These Chocolate and Peanut Butter Chip Cookies are so good they have been called mind-blowing. Read on to find out my secrets for perfect cookies…
I don’t consider myself a baker first. I like the creative process of cooking much better. However I am really good at baking two things: this French Strawberry Cake and these cookies. I recently took a batch of these Chocolate and Peanut Butter Chip cookies to a church friend recovering from surgery and her comment was “these cookies blew our minds”. Wow – so humbling! So I decided to re-vamp this post and share my secrets for baking cookies.
Secrets for Chocolate and Peanut Butter Chip Cookies:
- Use a cookie scoop so each cookie is uniform. This ensures they bake evenly.
- I use this cookie scoop every time I bake a batch of cookies.
- Line the baking sheets with silicone baking mats or parchment paper so your cookies don’t stick to the baking surface.
- A high ratio of baking chips to flour makes for a tastier cookie.
- Under baking your cookies is key! My oven bakes this recipe perfectly in 10 minutes. You want your edges to barely be browned and the cookies will be very soft when you remove them from the oven.
- Allow the cookies to cool a full 10 minutes on the baking sheets.
- Transfer the cookies to a cooling rack and allow them to cool completely so they are set up and ready to enjoy.
Watch how to make Chocolate and Peanut Butter Chip Cookies:
Can you freeze these cookies?
Yes! Allow them to cool completely and then transfer them to a freezer-safe, zippered plastic bag. They will keep in the freezer for up to one month.
Foodtastic Mom is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Any highlighted, clickable Amazon link you see is an affiliate link that I may earn advertising fees on.
Thank you so much for being a faithful reader and supporter of Foodtastic Mom. Be sure to PIN and print this recipe!
Chocolate and Peanut Butter Chip Cookies
These Chocolate and Peanut Butter Chip Cookies are so good they have been called mind-blowing.
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup granulated (white) sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips I use Ghirardelli brand
- 1 cup peanut butter chips I use Reese's brand
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the butter, sugars, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Beat on high until light and fluffy.
Add the egg and vanilla and beat until combined.
Add the flour and both the chocolate and peanut butter chips and mix on low speed until the cookie batter is well combined with no streaks of flour remaining.
Use a cookie scoop to form 24 cookies (it might make a few more than 24). Place 12 cookie balls on each baking sheet. Bake cookies for 10 - 12 minutes, rotating sheets halfway through baking.
Remove cookies when they are just set at the edges. Cool for 10 minutes on pans. Then transfer to a cooling rack to finish cooling.
Cookies will stay fresh in an air-tight container for up to 3 days. These cookies freeze well too - for up to 1 month.