- milk chocolate chips + Reese’s peanut butter chips
- mini chocolate chips + M&M’s
- semi sweet chocolate chips + sliced almonds
- white chocolate chips + macadamia nuts
- butterscotch chips + toffee bits
You get the idea. These cookies are versatile and bake up perfect every time. And do you want to know the real secret to the best chocolate chip cookies? Under baking the cookies. You want them to look a little gooey in the center when they come out of the oven. They’ll firm up as they cool on the cookie sheets.
Watch how to make The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies:
These cookies also freeze well! Simply allow them to completely cool and then seal them in freezer bags. They’ll keep in the freezer up to one month (if they last that long). Seriously you need to add this cookie recipe to your collection!
The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup granulated (white) sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup walnuts finely chopped
- 1 1/4 cups Ghirardelli bittersweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Add the butter, sugar, brown sugar, salt, baking powder and baking soda to the bowl of a stand mixer. Mix on low until combined and then beat on medium speed for about 1 minute. Beat in egg and vanilla until smooth. Stop mixer and add the flour, walnuts and bittersweet chocolate chip. Mix on low speed until a cohesive cookie dough forms, about 1 minute.
- Drop dough by a cookie scoop (1 1/2 tablespoons each) onto cookies sheets lined with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Bake for 10 minutes. I rotate the pans front to back and top rack to bottom rack halfway through baking time.
- The cookies should look a bit underdone when you take them out of the oven. They will set up as they cool.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheets for 10 minutes. Remove them to a cooling rack and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Cookies are best eaten within a day or two. Place completely cooled cookies in a freezer bag and freeze for up to one month if desired.
More cookie recipes:
- Chocolate and Peanut Butter Chip Cookies
- Double Chocolate Cookies with Coconut M&M’s
- White Chocolate Peppermint Cookies