These Air Fryer Taquitos have a simple filling of beans, green chiles, cream cheese and chicken, no pre-cooking required. They are quick to assemble and delicious.
I like to keep frozen taquitos on-hand as a quick snack. If you want to know how to cook frozen taquitos in your air fryer, find that information here. This post is a homemade recipe for Air Fryer Taquitos. I didn’t want a fussy filling. A thin layer of refried beans provides flavor, fiber and “glue” to keep the taquitos rolled tight. Cream cheese, green chiles, rotisserie chicken, cheddar cheese, taco sauce and lime juice are the other filling ingredients. A light coating of vegetable oil makes the tortillas crispy. These are so satisfying and are terrific for a light dinner or hearty snack.
Ingredients for making Air Fryer Taquitos
- Street Taco Tortillas
- Refried Beans
- Rotisserie Chicken
- Taco Sauce
- Lime Juice
- Whipped Cream Cheese
- Green Chiles
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Vegetable Oil
What to Serve with Air Fryer Taquitos
For dipping my taquitos, I really like this jarred guacamole salsa. To make these a complete meal, here’s some suggestions…
- I use a Philips XXL Air Fryer to test all my recipes
- Use a pastry brush to lightly coat the taquitos with vegetable oil before air frying
- Do not use non-stick cooking spray in your air fryer – it will eventually damage the non-stick coating on the air fryer basket
Foodtastic Mom is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Any highlighted, clickable Amazon link you see is an affiliate link that I may earn advertising fees on.
Thank you so much for being a faithful reader and supporter of Foodtastic Mom. Be sure to PIN and print this recipe!
Air Fryer Taquitos
- Air Fryer
- 6 Street Taco Size Flour Tortillas you can use corn tortillas if you prefer
- 1/4 cup Refried Beans
- 1/4 cup Whipped Cream Cheese
- 2 tbsp Green Chiles drained
- 1/3 cup Rotisserie Chicken shredded
- 2 tsp Taco Sauce
- 2 tsp Lime Juice
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- Spread each tortilla with a thin layer of refried beans.
- Mix together the cream cheese and green chiles. Evenly divide the cream cheese mixture among the six tortillas. Spreading it on one half of each tortilla.
- Mix together the chicken with the taco sauce, lime juice and salt. Evenly divide the chicken among the six tortillas, placing it on top of the cream cheese mixture.
- Top the chicken with the shredded cheddar cheese.
- Starting with the filling side of each tortilla, roll the tortillas into taquitos.
- Place the taquitos in a single layer, seam side down, in the basket of your air fryer.
- Brush the taquitos with a light coating of vegetable oil.
- Air fryer the taquitos at 400 degrees F for about 12 minutes, until the tortillas are crisp and starting to brown. There's no need to flip the taquitos during the cooking time.
- Serve the taquitos with guacamole salsa for dipping.