Summer Broccoli Pasta Salad is a terrific take-along dish with a perfect balance of sweet and savory flavors – plus bacon.
Summer Broccoli Pasta Salad pairs fresh broccoli and strawberries with a made from scratch sweet poppy seed dressing and bacon for a fresh side dish bursting with flavor. I make a spinach strawberry salad (recipe HERE) and everyone asks for the recipe. Or they ask me to bring it to the next gathering. I’ve made it for years.
I was thinking about those flavors when browsing THIS collection of recipes and being drawn to the “Fan Favorite Broccoli Salad”. I’ve eaten a lot of broccoli salads in my lifetime. I really like broccoli so I always go for the broccoli salad at a picnic or in a buffet line. But I’ve never seen a broccoli pasta salad like this one.
Watch how to make Summer Broccoli Pasta Salad:
This salad and its combination of ingredients doesn’t seem like it would work but it most definitely does. The strawberries provide a light sweetness that compliments the slight bitterness of the broccoli. This salad is crunchy, sweet, salty and tangy. And as is usual with most of my recipes the time involved in making this dish is short. Because we’re all about convenience these days aren’t we? I sure am.
What do you think? Does this look like a take-along dish you’ll make this summer? What are some of your favorite recipes that you always bring to picnics and potlucks? I’d love for you to share your recipes in the comments!
Thank you so much for being a faithful reader and supporter of Foodtastic Mom. Be sure to PIN and print this recipe!
Summer Broccoli Pasta Salad
- 8 oz bow tie pasta
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 1/2 cups fresh strawberries stemmed and chopped
- 1/2 red onion finely chopped
- 1/2 cup goat cheese crumbled
- 8 oz bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup Hellmann's mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Cook the pasta according to package directions and rinse under cold water.
- Place pasta in a large bowl and toss the pasta with the broccoli florets, strawberries, red onion, goat cheese and bacon.
- In a separate bowl or measuring cup, whisk together the mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar, poppy seeds, salt and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the pasta salad and stir to combine.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.