This Slow Cooker Beef Goulash is a throw everything into the pot and walk away kind of dinner. It’s a nutritious comforting dinner to put in your regular rotation. Thank you to the Ohio Beef Council for sponsoring this post. As always, all opinions are mine alone.
It’s beginning to look and feel like fall here in Ohio. Which means my slow cooker is going to get at least as much use now (likely more) as my air fryer. I like planning my meals around beef each week. A 3 ounce serving provides 25 grams of protein for just 200 calories. Add in a little pasta and vegetables, like this Slow Cooker Beef Goulash, for a completely satisfying meal. And the really great thing about this recipe is how hands-off it is. Did you know you can cook raw ground beef in your crockpot? No browning necessary. That’s how easy this dinner is. Your whole family will love it.
How to Slow Cook Beef Goulash
This is one of the easiest recipes you can make. You can safely cook ground beef (or in this case ground sirloin) in your slow cooker. So to your slow cooker insert, add all the ingredients, except for the pasta. Cook on LOW heat for 8 hours. Remove the lid and break up the beef further if necessary. Then stir in the pasta and turn the heat to HIGH. Cook for about 30 minutes with the lid on. Or until the pasta is cooked completely. Serve it topped with shredded mozzarella cheese.
What to serve with Beef Goulash
Facts about Ohio Beef
- Each year, Ohioans spend more than $4 billion on beef to incorporate into healthy recipes. Lean beef is an important part of a healthy diet and research has shown that it can help with maintaining normal cholesterol levels.
- 97 percent of beef farms are family-owned and operated. Meet one of Ohio’s 17,000 beef farming families at www.OhioBeef.org
- Ohio beef farmers all share the same primary goals:
- Provide excellent care and nutrition for their cattle
- Protect the land, air and water surrounding their farms for future generations
- Produce safe, nutritious beef for families across the state and nation
- Follow the Ohio Beef Council on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for beef nutrition facts, cooking tips, recipes and to meet Ohio’s beef farming families. Use #OhioBeef to share photos of your slow cooker meals this Crocktober.
Thank you so much for being a faithful reader and supporter of Foodtastic Mom. Be sure to PIN and print this recipe!
Slow Cooker Beef Goulash
- 2 lbs 90 percent lean ground sirloin
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 green pepper finely chopped
- 2 15 oz cans petite cut diced tomatoes not drained
- 1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 cups macaroni pasta uncooked
- Break up the ground sirloin into smallish pieces. Add it to the slow cooker insert.
- Add in all the rest of ingredients, except for the pasta (onion through smoked paprika).
- Cover and cook on low heat for 6 - 8 hours.
- Stir the sauce together, breaking up the ground sirloin more if necessary.
- Stir in the uncooked pasta.
- Cover and turn the heat to high. Cook for 30 or so minutes, just until the pasta is cooked through.
- Serve the goulash topped with shredded mozzarella cheese.
Leave a Reply