Pumpkin Ravioli Sauce uses brown butter with Thai spice. peanut butter and lime juice for a deliciously unique combination.
Trader Joe’s has a great variety of ravioli. Honey Roasted Pumpkin Ravioli is one of my favorites. But I always struggle with how to sauce it. And then it hit me. Thai flavorings would pair really well with this sweet, earthy, fall favorite. I usually have red curry paste in my refrigerator. So I got creative and made this sauce with brown butter, red curry paste, peanut butter and lime juice. It is so good! And takes just a few minutes to prepare. This is a rich dish. Honestly a couple or three ravioli with some baked fish or air fryer chicken breasts and fresh, stir fried broccoli would make a fantastic meal. You definitely want to balance the richness of this dish with some lighter fare.
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email & I'll send it to your inbox. Plus, get great new recipes from me every week!
Ingredients for Pumpkin Ravioli Sauce
- Thai Red Curry Paste
- Peanut Butter
- Lime Juice
- Trader Joe’s Honey Roasted Pumpkin Ravioli
How to make Pumpkin Ravioli Sauce
Cook the ravioli according to package directions. While you are waiting on the water to boil and the ravioli to cook, make the sauce. Heat the butter over medium heat in a non-stick skillet until melted and starting to brown. Swirl the butter as it melts and heats until you see brown bits forming in the bottom of the skillet. Here’s a helpful post explaining how to brown butter.
Turn the heat to low, add the red curry paste and peanut butter. Stir until smooth. Remove the sauce from the heat and stir in the sugar, salt and lime juice. Feel free to add more curry paste if you like more spice. Stir in the cooked and drained pumpkin ravioli into the sauce. Serve immediately.
- Nonstick fry pan similar to what I use to test this recipe
- Thai Red Curry Paste
- Whisk for non-stick pans
Foodtastic Mom is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Any highlighted, clickable Amazon link you see is an affiliate link that I may earn advertising fees on.
Pumpkin Ravioli Sauce
- 1 pkg pumpkin ravioli
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 tsp peanut butter
- 2 tsp Thai red curry paste
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- Prepare the ravioli according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Continue to cook the butter, swirling the skillet until it is starting to form browned bits in the bottom of the skillet.
- Add the peanut butter and red curry paste to the skillet and whisk until smooth.
- Remove the sauce from the heat and whisk in the lime juice, sugar and salt. Taste the sauce and add more curry paste if you like more heat.
- Return the sauce in the skillet to the stove over low heat. Stir the pumpkin ravioli into the sauce until it is well coated. Serve.