Peanut Butter Cookie Cake is a loose interpretation of the Peanut Butter Pizookie from BJ’s Brewhouse that peanut butter lovers will not be able to resist.
My friend Amy and I met for dinner recently at BJ’s Brewhouse after one of my son’s football scrimmages. I had never eaten at BJ’s, so before we ordered our food Amy said that I had to save room for dessert. We decided to get the Pizookie Trio and the Peanut Butter Pizookie was our absolute favorite choice. It was warm and gooey peanut butter perfection. I had to come home to try and recreate it in my own kitchen. Chocolate lava cakes are my specialty – warm and gooey, individual chocolate cakes. And now I can add a peanut butter lovers version to my collection with this recipe.
How to make peanut butter cookie cake:
- Beat together the butter, sugars, peanut butter, eggs and vanilla with a hand or stand mixer
- Whisk together the dry ingredients in a separate bowl
- Combine the two together and stir with a wooden spoon or spatula
- Add in chopped peanuts if you’d like
- Spread the dough into individual baking dishes and bake until just set in the center – under baking these cookie cakes a bit is actually preferred
- Top the cakes with a swirl of peanut butter, ice cream and/or chocolate sauce and serve warm
- These are the ramekins I used to bake these peanut butter cookie cakes
- Oven temperatures can vary wildly – your oven may take more or less time to bake these cakes than the time I am suggesting
- You can make the dough up to one day ahead and keep it covered in the refrigerator until ready to bake
- If you are baking the dough directly from being refrigerated, add about five minutes to the baking time
Foodtastic Mom is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Any highlighted, clickable Amazon link you see is an affiliate link that I may earn advertising fees on.
Thank you so much for being a faithful reader and supporter of Foodtastic Mom. Be sure to PIN and print this recipe!
Peanut Butter Cookie Cake
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts unsalted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt and set aside.
- With a hand or stand mixer, beat together the butter and sugars until pale and fluffy.
- Add the egg, peanut butter and vanilla extract and beat until smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl if necessary.
- Add the flour mixture to the peanut butter mixture and stir until no streaks of flour remain. Stir in the chopped peanuts.
- Grease 8 ramekins. Divide the dough evenly among the dishes and press the dough lightly into the bottom of each dish.
- Bake until the centers of the peanut butter cookie cakes are just set. Start checking for doneness at about 15 minutes.
- Serve the cakes warm topped with additional peanut butter, vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce.
Leave a Reply