This Nutella Stuffed Churro French Toast is a totally over the top breakfast that you need to try – chocolatey Nutella is stuffed between brioche bread, made into french toast and coated with a cinnamon sugar Churro topping.
My philosophy with breakfast on special occasions is to go big or go home. You’ll make any morning special when serving this Nutella Stuffed Churro French Toast. It’s not just that this french toast is dipped in a butter cinnamon sugar coating (like a Churro) it’s also that it is stuffed with chocolatey Nutella that makes it so over-the-top decadent.
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email & I'll send it to your inbox. Plus, get great new recipes from me every week!
I’ve served up several savory breakfast recipes lately that are suitable for celebrating (see HERE and HERE) but it’s been a while since I’ve shared a decadent sweet breakfast recipe. So it was definitely time. I took inspiration for this recipe from here.
Watch how to make Nutella Stuffed Churro French Toast:
I’ve been in a less than sunny this past month. My Facebook feed is too political and angry. Our dog is 15 1/2 and nearing her final days with us. We’ve had some unexpected repairs and things come up with the house and my husband’s truck. Nothing worse than anyone else deals with but I’ve just been feeling unsettled lately.
So I thought to combat that I’d make something happy today. Nutella sure makes me happy. And anything coated in cinnamon and sugar usually puts a smile on my face. What about you? I’m thinking with Valentine’s Day coming up you should put this on your weekend breakfast menu.
Nutella Stuffed Churro French Toast
- 8 slices brioche bread
- 8 tbsp Nutella
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- whipped cream
- fresh strawberries sliced
- Spread two tablespoons of Nutella between each of two slices of the brioche bread to make four total french toast sandwiches.
- Whisk together the eggs, half and half, vanilla and salt to form the french toast batter.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add one tablespoon of butter to the skillet and melt.
- Dip one french toast sandwich in the egg batter so both sides are coated.
- Cook the french toast on both sides until golden brown.
- Repeat the process until all four french toast sandwiches are cooked.
- In a shallow bowl mix together the sugar and cinnamon.
- Dip each french toast sandwich into the cinnamon sugar mixture to coat both sides lightly.
- Top the french toast with whipped cream and strawberries and serve.
More celebratory breakfast recipes: