Ghostly S’Mores Cheesecakes are a festive and delicious treat for Halloween, combining graham cracker crust, velvety chocolate cheesecake filling and toasted marshmallow topping.
Once I find a crowd-pleasing dessert, especially one that is simple and convenient to transport like these mini cheesecakes, I stick with that one recipe and remake them in all different kinds of ways.
This year I swapped out the Oreo crust for graham cracker crust. I flavored the cheesecake filling with dark chocolate instead of white. And I topped the cheesecakes with toasted marshmallow fluff and ghost-shaped Peeps marshmallows. They are so fun to look at and anything S’mores are a crowd-pleaser. But most importantly they taste as good as they look.
Tips for making Ghostly S’Mores Cheesecakes:
- I use foil cupcake liners like these to bake my cheesecakes – they are sturdy and won’t stick to the cheesecake filling
- To toast the marshmallow topping, you’ll need a handheld kitchen torch like this one
- To flavor the cheesecake filling, I use this brand of chocolate bar
- The cheesecakes should be made one day ahead so they have time to chill in the refrigerator
- Don’t top the cheesecakes with the toasted marshmallow fluff and ghost-shaped Peeps until right before serving
Foodtastic Mom is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Any highlighted, clickable Amazon link you see is an affiliate link that I may earn advertising fees on.
Thank you so much for being a faithful reader and supporter of Foodtastic Mom. Be sure to PIN and print this recipe!
Ghostly S'Mores Cheesecakes
- 1 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 5 tbsp butter melted
- 4 oz bittersweet chocolate melted
- 16 oz cream cheese softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 7 oz marshmallow creme
- 15 ghost Peeps marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line standard muffin tins with 15 foil liners.
- Combine the graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. Spoon about one tablespoon into the bottom of each of the muffin cups. Lightly tamp down the crust with the back of a spoon.
- With a hand or stand mixer, beat together the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add in melted chocolate and vanilla and beat again. Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat until the batter is smooth, scraping down the bowl if necessary.
- Place about 1/4 cup of the chocolate cheesecake filling into each muffin cup.
- Bake the cheesecakes 17 - 19 minutes, or until the centers are starting to puff.
- Allow the cheesecakes to cool on the counter and then refrigerate (wrapped or in an air-tight container overnight.
- When ready to serve, heat the marshmallow creme in the microwave for about 30 - 40 seconds so it is easier to spread.
- Scoop a scant tablespoon of marshmallow creme onto the tops of each cheesecake. Place a ghost Peeps marshmallow in the center of the creme topping on each cheesecake. Use a kitchen torch to gently toast the marshmallow topping and ghost marshmallows. Serve.
More Halloween recipes:
- Mummified Garlic Bread
- Ghost in the Graveyard Dip
- Bloody Eyeball Cheesecakes
- Bourbon Bacon Pumpkin Seeds
- Monster Mash Pumpkin Donuts