Ghostly S’Mores Cheesecakes are a festive and delicious treat for Halloween, combining graham cracker crust, velvety chocolate cheesecake filling and toasted marshmallow topping.
Once I find a crowd-pleasing dessert, especially one that is simple and convenient to transport like these mini cheesecakes, I stick with that one recipe and remake them in all different kinds of ways.
This year I swapped out the Oreo crust for graham cracker crust. I flavored the cheesecake filling with dark chocolate instead of white. And I topped the cheesecakes with toasted marshmallow fluff and ghost-shaped Peeps marshmallows. They are so fun to look at and anything S’mores are a crowd-pleaser. But most importantly they taste as good as they look.
Tips for making Ghostly S’Mores Cheesecakes:
- I use foil cupcake liners like these to bake my cheesecakes – they are sturdy and won’t stick to the cheesecake filling
- To toast the marshmallow topping, you’ll need a handheld kitchen torch like this one
- To flavor the cheesecake filling, I use this brand of chocolate bar
- The cheesecakes should be made one day ahead so they have time to chill in the refrigerator
- Don’t top the cheesecakes with the toasted marshmallow fluff and ghost-shaped Peeps until right before serving
Foodtastic Mom is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Any highlighted, clickable Amazon link you see is an affiliate link that I may earn advertising fees on.
Thank you so much for being a faithful reader and supporter of Foodtastic Mom. Be sure to PIN and print this recipe!
Ghostly S'Mores Cheesecakes
Ghostly S'Mores Cheesecakes are a festive and delicious treat for Halloween, combining graham cracker crust, velvety chocolate cheesecake filling and toasted marshmallow topping.
- 1 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 5 tbsp butter melted
- 4 oz bittersweet chocolate melted
- 16 oz cream cheese softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 7 oz marshmallow creme
- 15 ghost Peeps marshmallows
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Line standard muffin tins with 15 foil liners.
Combine the graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. Spoon about one tablespoon into the bottom of each of the muffin cups. Lightly tamp down the crust with the back of a spoon.
With a hand or stand mixer, beat together the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add in melted chocolate and vanilla and beat again. Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat until the batter is smooth, scraping down the bowl if necessary.
Place about 1/4 cup of the chocolate cheesecake filling into each muffin cup.
Bake the cheesecakes 17 - 19 minutes, or until the centers are starting to puff.
Allow the cheesecakes to cool on the counter and then refrigerate (wrapped or in an air-tight container overnight.
When ready to serve, heat the marshmallow creme in the microwave for about 30 - 40 seconds so it is easier to spread.
Scoop a scant tablespoon of marshmallow creme onto the tops of each cheesecake. Place a ghost Peeps marshmallow in the center of the creme topping on each cheesecake. Use a kitchen torch to gently toast the marshmallow topping and ghost marshmallows. Serve.
More Halloween recipes:
- Mummified Garlic Bread
- Ghost in the Graveyard Dip
- Bloody Eyeball Cheesecakes
- Bourbon Bacon Pumpkin Seeds
- Monster Mash Pumpkin Donuts