Sweet and just a bit tart with a heavenly coconut smell while baking, these Coconut Key Lime Crinkle Cookies are just the right sized dessert bite for all your warmer weather grilling and Mexican meals.
I can’t remember if I’ve ever made crinkle cookies before. But I ran across this recipe the other day and thought they sounded like a great idea with Cinco de Mayo coming up. Plus in my mind the only thing that makes key lime better is coconut. So I tinkered with the recipe and came up with these Coconut Key Lime Crinkle Cookies.
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email & I'll send it to your inbox. Plus, get great new recipes from me every week!
Oh my gosh do these smell delicious while they are baking. It put me in mind of sunshine and pools and coconut tanning oil. Not in a bad way. Like just enough coconut. And lime so the cookies aren’t cloyingly sweet, despite being rolled in powdered sugar before baking.
This recipe makes two dozen cookies. You could halve the recipe easily if you want to make a small batch of just a dozen. I think one cookie really is a perfect ending to any Mexican-themed or grill out meal you have planned as the weather warms up. Serve some fresh fruit alongside it and your friends and family will think you’re all fancy or something!
Tips for Coconut Key Lime Crinkle Cookies:
- Bake the cookies on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper (or silicone baking mat) to prevent sticking
- Chilling the dough before rolling helps to keep the dough from sticking all over your hands – it’s a necessary step
- Fresh key lime juice is not necessary for this recipe – purchase a bottle of key lime juice
Foodtastic Mom is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Any highlighted, clickable Amazon link you see is an affiliate link that I may earn advertising fees on.
Thank you so much for being a faithful reader and supporter of Foodtastic Mom. Be sure to PIN and print this recipe!
Coconut Key Lime Crinkle Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup sweetened, shredded coconut
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tbsp key lime juice
- 1 tsp coconut extract
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar sifted
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the butter, sugar and coconut until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Mix in the lime juice and coconut extract.
- Reduce mixer speed to low. Gradually add the flour mixture, mixing just until combined.
- Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with silicone liners or parchment paper. Place the confectioners’ sugar in a small bowl.
- Using a small cookie scoop (about 1 1/2 tablespoon capacity), roll chilled cookie dough into 24 balls. Then roll each in powdered sugar, making sure to coat completely.
- Place cookies on the prepared pans, leaving about 2 inches between the cookies. Bake 14 to 16 minutes, until cookies are puffy and feel firm on the edges to touch.
- Cool the cookies on the pan for 5 minutes. Then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
More fun dessert recipes:
- The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Red White and Blue Cookie Tarts
- Oreo Krispies
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie