This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Oscar Mayer Bacon. All opinions are 100% mine. Bacon Party Dip in a Bread Bowl is a crowd-pleasing and holiday-worthy appetizer for bacon lovers.
How many times have you shown up to a party, especially during the holidays, to find a ubiquitous bread bowl filled with spinach dip? It’s one of those recipes that’s been handed down for years – maybe since the 70’s? But for sure I’ve been to many a party and eaten more than my fair share of spinach dips over the years.
Part of what I love about my job is the creativity I’m allowed to impart on the food that I serve my friends and family – which means at my gatherings I usually don’t stick to the “classics”. Oscar Mayer Bacon is always part of my planning a party menu though, so I was excited to create a recipe based on the concept of “Bacon Dip in a Bread Bowl”.
There’s a lot of different bacon brands to choose from but I’ve proven time and again in my own kitchen (whether I fry the bacon in a skillet or bake it in the oven) that Oscar Mayer Bacon cooks up perfectly every time and delivers the same great flavor in every bite.
Watch how to make Bacon Party Dip in a Bread Bowl:
This recipe is so full of flavor! The cream cheese and sour cream base is enhanced with ranch-type flavors from the finely chopped red onion, parsley, garlic and dill. The dip is loaded into a fresh Pumpernickel loaf of bread (you could substitute sourdough or a French-style bread if you prefer). And then the bread and dip are sent over the top with the addition of the crisp-cooked Oscar Mayer Bacon and its sugar cured, naturally smoked awesomeness.
Thank you so much for being a faithful reader and supporter of Foodtastic Mom. Be sure to PIN and print this recipe!
Bacon Party Dip in a Bread Bowl
- 1 pkg Oscar Mayer Naturally Hardwood Smoked Bacon
- 1 16 oz round loaf of bakery bread like Pumpernickel or Sourdough
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup white cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 cup frozen cut spinach thawed and liquid drained
- 1/3 cup red onion finely chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Cook the Oscar Mayer Bacon in a skillet until crisp and drain on paper towels. Crumble and set aside.
- Carefully cut the middle from the loaf of bread so the bread forms a bowl for the bacon party dip. Cut the bread from the middle of the loaf into cubes for dipping. You can also set out crackers and/or cut vegetables to dip in the bacon dip as well.
- In a large bowl, add the cream cheese, sour cream, white cheddar cheese, spinach, red onion, garlic powder, parsley, dill and salt. Mix together with a hand mixer until well combined.
- Add the cooked and crumbled Oscar Mayer Bacon. Stir the bacon into the dip.
- Add the dip to the bread bowl and serve.
More recipes with Bacon:
- Spicy Sweet Bacon Breadsticks
- Bacon Tomato Artichoke Dip
- Kentucky Hot Brown Mac and Cheese
- Bourbon Bacon Brownies