This recipe for Air Fryer Crab Rangoon brings the popular Chinese takeout dish to your home in a healthier way.
I’ve been on a kick with using egg roll wrappers in my air fryer lately. So it makes sense to fill some wonton wrappers too. My favorite wonton appetizer to order from a Chinese takeout restaurant is Crab Rangoon. Although my main complaint is the filling seems to be too heavy on the cream cheese. It’s hard to taste any crab in there! Making these Air Fryer Crab Rangoon at home fixes that problem. Plus the air fryer makes these a little lighter and healthier than the deep fried version.
What you need for Air Fryer Crab Rangoon
- Wonton Wrappers
- Jalapeño Cream Cheese
- Imitation Crab
- Soy Sauce
- Lemon Juice
- Vegetable Oil
- Duck Sauce
How to make Air Fryer Crab Rangoon
I’ll admit to having a couple of fails on my first try to fold the wonton wrappers. I made a photo collage so that you can see how it’s done. Wonton wrappers are small and so the amount of filling in each is small. Just about one rounded teaspoon. Place the filling in the center of a wonton wrapper. Use your finger to coat the outside edges with water. I just dip my finger into a bowl of water to do this. Pull up two of the corners and pinch together. And then pinch down the sides to seal. Fold in the two outer corners as shown. Add a little more water to seal if needed.
- I use a Philips Air Fryer XXL for all my recipes
- Use a pastry brush similar to this one to lightly brush the wontons with vegetable oil before air frying
Foodtastic Mom is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Any highlighted, clickable Amazon link you see is an affiliate link that I may earn advertising fees on.
Thank you so much for being a faithful reader and supporter of Foodtastic Mom. Be sure to PIN and print this recipe!
Air Fryer Crab Rangoon
- Air Fryer
- 30 Wonton Wrappers
- 7.5 oz Jalapeño Cream Cheese
- 6 oz Imitation Crab Meat chopped
- 2 tsp Soy Sauce
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Duck Sauce
- Soften the cream cheese.
- In a clean bowl, stir together the cream cheese, soy sauce and lemon juice.
- Fold in the chopped crab until well blended.
- Using the photos as a guide, fill the wontons with the filling and fold. This recipe makes about 30 Crab Rangoon.
- Cook the Crab Rangoon in batches in the air fryer. My basket holds about 8 at a time. There's no need to flip the Crab Rangoon.
- Place the Crab Rangoon in the air fryer basket in a single layer. Brush each lightly with vegetable oil. Cook at 375 degrees F for 7-8 minutes. Until the Crab Rangoon are puffed and lightly brown.
- Serve with Duck Sauce for dipping.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Egg Rolls
- Pork Tenderloin in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Shrimp Tacos
- Juicy and Delicious Hamburgers
- Garlic Parmesan French Fries