Air Fryer Bread Pudding is a decadent dessert. A soufflé like combination of bread and chocolate drenched in bourbon butter sauce.
My Air Fryer French Toast really hit the spot. It was reminiscent of bread pudding in a lot of ways. So obviously I had to create a recipe for Air Fryer Bread Pudding, which is also baked in ramekins. The custard batter contains a little more sugar than the french toast batter. I added chocolate chips to the mix because in most cases I prefer chocolate desserts. And the sauce is a super quick, decadent mix of sugar, butter and bourbon. What’s not to love? You probably have all the ingredients you need to make this dessert in your pantry and fridge. So let’s get started!
Ingredients needed to make Air Fryer Bread Pudding
- Egg Whites
- Half and Half
- Chocolate Chips
- Corn Syrup
How to make Bread Pudding in the Air Fryer
Cut sandwich bread into cubes. Grease ramekin baking dishes and set aside. Melt butter in the microwave. Whisk together the egg whites, half and half, sugar and vanilla. Whisk in the melted butter until smooth. Pour the egg batter over the cubed bread and stir until well combined. Transfer the coated bread to the ramekin dishes, layered with chocolate chips. Air fry the dishes of bread pudding at 325 degrees F for 12 – 14 minutes until puffed and golden brown. Serve the Air Fryer Bread Pudding topped bourbon butter sauce.
To make the sauce, combine corn syrup, butter, sugar, bourbon and a pinch of salt. Microwave until it is bubbling. Give it a good stir. Allow the sauce to cool until it has thickened a bit before pouring over the bread pudding.
- I use a Philips XXL Air Fryer to test all of my recipes
- Ramekin baking dishes used in this recipe
- Choose a high-quality, firm white loaf of bread for this recipe
Foodtastic Mom is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Any highlighted, clickable Amazon link you see is an affiliate link that I may earn advertising fees on.
Thank you so much for being a faithful reader and supporter of Foodtastic Mom. Be sure to PIN and print this recipe!
Air Fryer Bread Pudding
- Air Fryer
- 4 slices white sandwich bread cut into cubes
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp corn syrup
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp bourbon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- In a glass, microwavable measuring cup, combine the corn syrup, two tablespoons of butter, one tablespoon of sugar, bourbon and pinch of salt. Microwave on high power until the mixture is melted and bubbling, about two minutes. Give it a good stir to combine. Set the sauce aside to cool a bit and thicken.
- Grease two oven-safe ramekin baking dishes (4 - 6 oz. in size) and set aside.
- Melt the butter in the microwave.
- In a clean bowl, whisk together the half and half, egg whites, sugar and vanilla. Slowly pour the melted butter into the mixture and whisk until smooth.
- In a separate clean bowl, pour the batter over the bread cubes and stir until the bread is completely coated with the batter.
- Place half (divided equally) of the coated bread into the prepared ramekins. Sprinkle with half of the chocolate chips. Divide the remaining half of the coated bread between the two dishes. And top each dish equally with the remaining chocolate chips.
- Place the dishes into the basket of your air fryer.
- Air fry the bread pudding at 325 degrees F for 12 - 14 minutes, until it is puffed and golden brown.
- Serve the bread pudding topped with the bourbon butter sauce.