These Air Fryer Donut Bites take less than ten minutes to make and are dangerously delicious.
My air fryer is growing on me. For a long time I just bought frozen snacks for it so the kids could feed themselves after school. Then I started buying stuffed chicken breasts for my lunches because they do taste a lot better cooked in the air fryer than the oven. But then my recipe for air fryer pizzas took off and I realized that it had some potential for me to start creating recipes for it.
A tube of five buttermilk biscuits is just the right amount to cook one batch of donut bites to feed 3 or 4 people. But I’ll be honest, if I didn’t exercise some serious will power I could have eaten this whole recipe by myself. They are so addictive – so don’t say I didn’t warn you!
How to make Air Fryer Donut Bites:
Each biscuit is cut into four pieces. The air fryer basket is brushed with a bit of melted butter and the donut bites cook in just five minutes. They are dipped in a little more melted butter. Then shaken in a half gallon zippered bag with both powdered and granulated sugar mixed with cinnamon. They were ready in less than ten minutes. I could easily make these for a school morning breakfast for an extra special treat.
More Tips for Air Fryer Donut Bites:
- This is the brand of air fryer I have.
- I use a pizza cutter to divide each biscuit into four pieces.
- These donut bites have a strong punch of cinnamon. You could reduce the cinnamon by half or leave it out completely – it’s up to you.
- I used this brand of flaky buttermilk biscuits for this recipe.
- These half gallon zippered bags are perfect for shaking the donuts in the cinnamon sugar coating.
Foodtastic Mom is a participant in the Amazon LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Any highlighted, clickable Amazon link you see is an affiliate link that I may earn advertising fees on.
Thank you so much for being a faithful reader and supporter of Foodtastic Mom. Be sure to PIN and print this recipe!
Air Fryer Donut Bites
- 1 can (five) flaky buttermilk biscuits I used Pillsbury Southern Homestyle
- 2 tbsp salted butter
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Melt the butter in a microwave safe bowl.
- Use a silicone pastry brush to brush the air fryer basket lightly with melted butter.
- Put the basket into the air fryer and preheat it to 350 degrees.
- Separate the biscuits and cut each biscuit into four pieces, using a pizza cutter or sharp knife.
- Spread the biscuit pieces in a single layer into the the air fryer basket. Close the air fryer and fry the biscuit pieces for 4 - 5 minutes, or until browned and cooked through.
- Pour the rest of the melted butter into a pie plate and pour the fried biscuit pieces into the plate. Stir them so they are coated with the butter.
- Place the sugars and cinnamon in a half gallon or gallon sized zippered bag. Close the bag and shake so the sugars and cinnamon are evenly combined.
- Place the donut bites covered in melted butter into the bag with the cinnamon and sugar. Close the bag and shake to coat the donut bites. Serve immediately.
More Air Fryer Recipes:
- Personal Pizzas for the Air Fryer
- Chicken Chimichangas in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan
- Air Fryer Salmon