You may never make french toast in a skillet again. This Air Fryer French Toast is a dream breakfast – fast, filling and sinfully delicious.
My Air Fryer French Toast is kind of a hybrid. It tastes like decadent french toast. But baking it in individual cups makes it seem kind of like a bread pudding dessert. This french toast puffs up like a fancy soufflé. I could not be more pleased with how these turned out. It would make an easy (yet impressive) breakfast for kids to fix for Mom. The french toast is custardy in the middle, but a little crispy on top and sides. I love the texture combination! Top it with a little butter, maple syrup and fresh berries and it looks like a fancy bed and breakfast type dish.
Ingredients needed to make Air Fryer French Toast
- Egg Whites
- Half and Half
- Maple Syrup
- Fresh Berries
How to make Air Fryer French Toast
Cut sandwich bread into cubes. Grease ramekin baking dishes and set aside. Melt butter in the microwave. Whisk together the egg whites, half and half, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla. Whisk in the melted butter until smooth. Pour the egg batter over the cubed bread and stir until well combined. Transfer the french toast cubes to the ramekin dishes. Air fry the dishes of french toast at 325 degrees F for 12 – 14 minutes until puffed and golden brown. Serve the Air Fryer French Toast topped with butter, maple syrup and fresh berries.
- I use a Philips XXL Air Fryer to test all of my recipes
- Ramekin baking dishes used in this recipe
- Choose a high-quality, firm white loaf of bread for this recipe
Foodtastic Mom is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Any highlighted, clickable Amazon link you see is an affiliate link that I may earn advertising fees on.
Thank you so much for being a faithful reader and supporter of Foodtastic Mom. Be sure to PIN and print this recipe!
Air Fryer French Toast
- Air Fryer
- 4 slices white sandwich bread cut into cubes
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Grease two oven-safe ramekin baking dishes (4 - 6 oz. in size) and set aside.
- Melt the butter in the microwave.
- In a glass measuring cup, whisk together the half and half, egg whites, sugar, vanilla and cinnamon. Slowly pour the melted butter into the mixture and whisk until smooth.
- In a clean bowl, pour the batter over the bread cubes and stir until the bread is completely coated with the batter.
- Evenly divide the french toast between the two prepared ramekins.
- Place the dishes into the basket of your air fryer.
- Air fry the french toast at 325 degrees F for 12 - 14 minutes, until it is puffed and golden brown.
- Serve the french toast topped with butter, maple syrup and fresh berries.