White Chocolate Peppermint Cookies are my favorite family cookie recipe dressed up for the holidays.
I have a recipe that I published a long time ago that I call the best chocolate chip cookies. They are the best because they include a little extra salt, making them sweet and salty. But the cookie dough itself bakes up perfect every time. And I’ve made them hundreds of times. So I decided to dress that cookie recipe up for the holidays and turn them into these White Chocolate Peppermint Cookies.
No worries if you aren’t a white chocolate fan though because these would be equally delicious with dark chocolate chips instead of white. The peppermint flavor is just enough because the cookie tops are dipped in crushed peppermint candies. I had read some other recipes that mixed the crushed peppermint into the batter and the reviews said it was just too much peppermint flavor.
Tips for making White Chocolate Peppermint Cookies:
- I use sheet pans like these for baking all my cookie recipes.
- Line the sheet pans with silicone baking mats like these or parchment paper. That way the cookies never stick to the pan.
- Use this cookie scoop to scoop the cookie dough evenly onto the pans.
- I use this brand of chips in all my cookie recipes.
- Crush the mint candies by putting them into a plastic bag and rolling/hitting them with a heavy, wooden rolling pin.
Foodtastic Mom is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Any highlighted, clickable Amazon link you see is an affiliate link that I may earn advertising fees on.
Thank you so much for being a faithful reader and supporter of Foodtastic Mom. Be sure to PIN and print this recipe!
White Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup granulated (white) sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups white chocolate chips I use Ghirardelli brand
- 12 peppemint candies crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Add the butter, sugar, brown sugar, salt, baking powder and baking soda to the bowl of a stand mixer. Mix on low until combined and then beat on medium speed for about 1 minute. Beat in egg and vanilla until smooth. Stop mixer and add the flour and white chocolate chips. Mix on low speed until a cohesive cookie dough forms, about 1 minute.
- Use a medium size cookie scoop (about 1 1/2 tablespoons capacity) to form 24 cookie dough balls. Dip the top half of each ball in the crushed peppermint candies. Place the cookies on baking sheets lined with Silpat baking mats or parchment paper (12 cookies per baking sheet).
- Bake the cookies for 10 - 12 minutes. I rotate the pans front to back and top rack to bottom rack halfway through baking time.
- The cookies should look a bit underdone when you take them out of the oven. They will set up as they cool.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheets for 10 minutes. Remove them to a cooling rack and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Cookies are best eaten within a day or two. Place completely cooled cookies in a freezer bag and freeze for up to one month if desired.
More holiday recipes: