Looking for a fresh recipe idea to use up your leftover Thanksgiving turkey? Turkey Carbonara is a must try! Thank you to the Ohio Egg and Poultry Association for sponsoring this post. All opinions are mine alone.
This recipe is meant for leftover turkey meat from your Thanksgiving feasts. But carbonara pasta is delicious any time of year! I utilized a roasted turkey breast from my grocery deli for recipe testing and photographing (because Thanksgiving is still a few weeks away). So be sure and pin this recipe to your dinner boards for a delicious meal anytime of year.
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email & I'll send it to your inbox. Plus, get great new recipes from me every week!
I don’t always find a pasta meal to be filling. I mean the pasta seems to expand immediately upon entering my belly but then it seems to leave quickly. The same thing happens to me with pancakes. Can anyone else relate? A carbonara dish is different though. The creamy sauce created from stirring the hot pasta into the whisked eggs is protein-packed and therefore filling. It fuels me. My kids really loved this dish too. It’s hard not to get excited about eggs and bacon (and turkey) in your pasta.
Did you know that Ohio ranks ninth across the nation for the number of turkeys they produce each year? Since 95% of Americans will eat turkey on Thanksgiving (!) that means they are producing 209 million pounds of turkey each year. My family tends to go back and forth between cooking a whole turkey and roasting a bone-in breast of turkey (we have a smallish family). If you are interested in a full tutorial for roasting a whole turkey breast click HERE.
Watch how to make Turkey Carbonara:
- 1 lb cooked turkey shredded
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes optional
- 6 slices bacon chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic peeled and chopped
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- Fill a large pot with cold water and bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile heat the olive oil in a large, nonstick pan over medium heat. Add the chopped bacon and cook until almost crisp. Add the chopped garlic and cook, stirring constantly for one minute. Add the cooked turkey and stir well to combine. Cook for another few minutes until the bacon is fully crisp and the turkey is heated through. Remove from heat.
- In a clean bowl, whisk together the two eggs, two egg yolks, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Set aside.
- Drop the spaghetti in the pot of boiling water and cook according to package directions.
- Drain the spaghetti and pour into a large serving bowl. Pour the egg mixture over the hot pasta and toss until the spaghetti is completely coated and creamy. The heat from the pasta will cook the eggs.
- Stir in the cooked turkey and bacon. Top the pasta with the parmesan cheese and parsley. Serve immediately.
More Ohio Eggs recipes: