I am partnering with Sweet’N Low® Zero Calorie Sweetener and Social Stars to bring you this low-calorie Pumpkin Pie Iced Coffee. As always, all opinions are my own. #donthestitaste
September is in full swing and with it the advent of the Pumpkin Spice Everything season. Are you on or off the bandwagon? I’m mostly on though I don’t actually order any of those (whisper) PSL’s. They’re too sweet for me, with not enough coffee flavor. Does that make me a total weirdo? If it does I don’t really care. The further I get into my 40’s the less I care about others’ opinions of me!
Anyway, I decided to try my hand at a Pumpkin Pie Iced Coffee that is still sweet (but not too sweet) with a coffee-forward flavor, pumpkin pie background and a little floating cream on top. Let me tell you, I think I nailed it. And it’s way lower in calories than many other pumpkin spiced coffee drinks currently flooding the market.
The secret is using Sweet’N Low® Zero Calorie Sweetener instead of sugar. It provides just enough sweetness to be completely satisfying as you go about your day… leaves crunching under your boots with a cozy scarf around your neck. Just because you might be wearing more clothes as it gets cooler doesn’t mean you want your waistline to expand under your sweater… mine has already expanded enough, thank you very much!
And besides another excuse to indulge your pumpkin craving, did you know Sweet’N Low partnered with Big Brothers Big Sisters this summer? For every cup sampled on their #donthesitaste tour, Sweet’N Low will be making a donation* to Big Brothers Big Sisters to help support their vision to help all children achieve success in life. (*Maximun donation of $49,000.) Although the tour is coming to a close, you can still enter their #donthesitaste photo sweepstakes!
The grand prize is valued over $1,300! THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW OVER.
Pumpkin Pie Iced Coffee
- 1 cup pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie filling
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 3 packets Sweet’N Low® Zero Calorie Sweetener
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- pinch of ground ginger
- pinch of ground cardamom
- 3 cups cold-brewed coffee or hot brewed coffee that has been chilled overnight
- 1/2 cup half-n-half
- In a bowl, mix together the pumpkin, pumpkin spice, cinnamon, vanilla, ginger, cardamom and 1 packet of the Sweet’N Low®. Evenly spread the pumpkin mixture into an ice cube tray (the mix should make 8 cubes). Freeze for at least 4 hours.
- In a blender, blend together the cold coffee and the pumpkin ice cubes.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the half n half and the remaining 2 packets of Sweet’N Low® until it is frothy... at least 1 minute.
- Pour the iced pumpkin pie coffee into two large glasses and top evenly with the frothed and sweetened half n half.
- Serve immediately.