This Hamburger Hashbrown Skillet with Freddy’s Fry Sauce and Seasoning brings the taste of Freddy’s famous steakburgers home in a simple to prepare and family pleasing recipe for dinner. This recipe is sponsored by Freddy’s Frozen Custard and Steakburgers. All opinions are mine alone.
Many nights around here I need recipes that are stupid simple to prepare. Just a few ingredients and big on flavor and usually with meat and potatoes to keep my hungry kids satisfied. We really enjoyed this Hamburger Hashbrown Skillet. It’s on the table in less than 30 minutes with just six ingredients!
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email & I'll send it to your inbox. Plus, get great new recipes from me every week!
My family and I recently enjoyed our first trip to our local (in Amelia, Ohio) Freddy’s Frozen Custard and Steakburgers. It’s hard not to love a place that serves cheeseburgers, fries and delicious frozen treats. Plus our Freddy’s hosts family nights each week, featuring free kids’ desserts, toys, balloons and coloring. That’s a fun night for sure!
Freddy’s sells its famous fry sauce and seasoning so that you can bring the taste home with you. And so I decided to use both the Jalapeño Fry Sauce and the seasoning as part of my simple and delicious hamburger hashbrown skillet. The hamburger is browned and flavored with the fry sauce. Then the cubed hashbrowns are cooked in the same skillet and seasoned with the Freddy’s seasoning. The hamburger and potatoes are topped with cheese and quickly melted in the oven for a meal that is completely satisfying (and gluten-free). You totally need to try this recipe!
Tips for making Hamburger Hashbrown Skillet with Freddy’s Fry Sauce and Seasoning:
- Use a large, non-stick skillet that is oven safe like this one
- Use ground sirloin that is 90% lean
- Dill pickles or even sour cream make tasty toppings for this hearty meat and potatoes meal
- Find Freddy’s Fry Sauce and Seasoning here
- Visit here to find your nearest Freddy’s Frozen Custard and Steakburgers location
Foodtastic Mom is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Any highlighted, clickable Amazon link you see is an affiliate link that I may earn advertising fees on.
Thank you so much for being a faithful reader and supporter of Foodtastic Mom. Be sure to PIN and print this recipe!
Hamburger Hashbrown Skillet
- 16 oz ground sirloin (90% lean)
- 1/4 cup Freddy's Jalapeño Fry Sauce
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 bag (32 oz) cubed frozen hashbrowns
- 1 tbsp Freddy's seasoning
- 6 oz sharp cheddar cheese grated
- dill pickles and sour cream for serving optional
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- In a large, nonstick and oven safe skillet over medium high heat brown the ground sirloin, breaking up into small pieces with a spoon. Transfer the cooked ground sirloin to a bowl and mix in the Freddy's Jalapeño Fry Sauce.
- To the same skillet add the vegetable oil. Add the frozen, cubed hashbrowns and cook according to package directions. Add the Freddy's seasoning and stir well to combine.
- Stir in the cooked ground sirloin and Freddy's fry sauce to the cooked hashbrowns. Top the skillet with the shredded cheddar cheese.
- Place the skillet in the oven and bake until the cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.
- Serve the skillet with dill pickles and sour cream to top.