This Easy Poached Fish Recipe using the new New RAGÚ® Simply Chunky Marinara Pasta Sauce is a must try! This post is sponsored by BabbleBoxx.com on behalf of RAGÚ®.
I do not fix fish at home enough for dinner. I am trying to remedy that. To be honest my daughter and I are the biggest fish fans in the family. However if I smother my fish in New RAGÚ® Simply Chunky Marinara Pasta Sauce, it’s more likely that both my husband and son will try it as well.
This is a healthy recipe that could not be simpler to make on a busy weeknight. Open a jar of New RAGÚ® Simply Chunky Marinara Pasta Sauce (made with 100% Olive Oil and no added sugar) get it simmering, and add some white fish filets. I used frozen cod. Fresh fish would be even better, but unfortunately I am landlocked in Ohio. Add some steamed green beans on the side and you are good to go!
Is it weird that I served this to my sixth grade daughter as an after school snack? She’s my super-healthy eater at the moment and she thought it was delicious! The New RAGÚ® Simply Chunky Marinara Pasta Sauce is so full of flavor with it’s plump tomatoes, garlic and spices. There’s no need to add to it. A jar of pasta sauce and some fish – how simple is that?
Tips for making this Easy Poached Fish Recipe:
- If purchasing frozen fish filets, be advised that they shrink a bit once they are cooked to temperature. A large fish filet will look a little smaller once ready to eat.
- To maximize the delicious flavor of this New RAGÚ® Simply Chunky Marinara Pasta Sauce, I pushed the sauce through a mesh strainer once the fish was poached – to drain out any water that was left behind from the fish poaching in the pasta sauce. Then I served the sauce with the poached fish.
- Use a digital thermometer like this one to be sure your fish is cooked to a safe eating temperature – which is 145 degrees F.
Foodtastic Mom is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Any highlighted, clickable Amazon link you see is an affiliate link that I may earn advertising fees on.
Thank you so much for being a faithful reader and supporter of Foodtastic Mom. Be sure to PIN and print this recipe!
Easy Poached Fish Recipe
This Easy Poached Fish Recipe using the new New RAGÚ® Simply Chunky Marinara Pasta Sauce is a must try!
- 1 jar New RAGÚ® Simply Chunky Marinara Pasta Sauce
- 4 6 oz each white fish filets I used cod filets
- 1 tsp salt
- green olives and lemon slices optional
If using frozen fish, thaw according to package directions. Once thawed, blot dry with paper towels and season the fish with the salt.
Pour the New RAGÚ® Simply Chunky Marinara Pasta Sauce into a non-stick skillet (about 12-inches in diameter) and heat the pasta sauce until it is gently simmering.
Add the fish filets to the New RAGÚ® Simply Chunky Marinara Pasta Sauce. Cover the skillet with a lid and gently simmer the fish until the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F. This should take about 6 - 8 minutes if your fish is fully thawed.
Transfer the fish to a clean plate and push the New RAGÚ® Simply Chunky Marinara Pasta Sauce through a strainer to remove any watery liquid left behind from the fish.
Serve the fish with the New RAGÚ® Simply Chunky Marinara Pasta Sauce, plus green olives and lemon slices, if desired.
More fish recipes:
More RAGÚ Recipe Ideas: