This Easy Poached Fish Recipe using the new New RAGÚ® Simply Chunky Marinara Pasta Sauce is a must try! This post is sponsored by BabbleBoxx.com on behalf of RAGÚ®.
I do not fix fish at home enough for dinner. I am trying to remedy that. To be honest my daughter and I are the biggest fish fans in the family. However if I smother my fish in New RAGÚ® Simply Chunky Marinara Pasta Sauce, it’s more likely that both my husband and son will try it as well.
This is a healthy recipe that could not be simpler to make on a busy weeknight. Open a jar of New RAGÚ® Simply Chunky Marinara Pasta Sauce (made with 100% Olive Oil and no added sugar) get it simmering, and add some white fish filets. I used frozen cod. Fresh fish would be even better, but unfortunately I am landlocked in Ohio. Add some steamed green beans on the side and you are good to go!
Is it weird that I served this to my sixth grade daughter as an after school snack? She’s my super-healthy eater at the moment and she thought it was delicious! The New RAGÚ® Simply Chunky Marinara Pasta Sauce is so full of flavor with it’s plump tomatoes, garlic and spices. There’s no need to add to it. A jar of pasta sauce and some fish – how simple is that?
Tips for making this Easy Poached Fish Recipe:
- If purchasing frozen fish filets, be advised that they shrink a bit once they are cooked to temperature. A large fish filet will look a little smaller once ready to eat.
- To maximize the delicious flavor of this New RAGÚ® Simply Chunky Marinara Pasta Sauce, I pushed the sauce through a mesh strainer once the fish was poached – to drain out any water that was left behind from the fish poaching in the pasta sauce. Then I served the sauce with the poached fish.
- Use a digital thermometer like this one to be sure your fish is cooked to a safe eating temperature – which is 145 degrees F.
Foodtastic Mom is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Any highlighted, clickable Amazon link you see is an affiliate link that I may earn advertising fees on.
Thank you so much for being a faithful reader and supporter of Foodtastic Mom. Be sure to PIN and print this recipe!
Easy Poached Fish Recipe
- 1 jar New RAGÚ® Simply Chunky Marinara Pasta Sauce
- 4 6 oz each white fish filets I used cod filets
- 1 tsp salt
- green olives and lemon slices optional
- If using frozen fish, thaw according to package directions. Once thawed, blot dry with paper towels and season the fish with the salt.
- Pour the New RAGÚ® Simply Chunky Marinara Pasta Sauce into a non-stick skillet (about 12-inches in diameter) and heat the pasta sauce until it is gently simmering.
- Add the fish filets to the New RAGÚ® Simply Chunky Marinara Pasta Sauce. Cover the skillet with a lid and gently simmer the fish until the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F. This should take about 6 - 8 minutes if your fish is fully thawed.
- Transfer the fish to a clean plate and push the New RAGÚ® Simply Chunky Marinara Pasta Sauce through a strainer to remove any watery liquid left behind from the fish.
- Serve the fish with the New RAGÚ® Simply Chunky Marinara Pasta Sauce, plus green olives and lemon slices, if desired.
More fish recipes:
More RAGÚ Recipe Ideas:
Leave a Reply