Cinnamon Raisin Quick Bread is a healthy, delicious and kid-friendly snack, perfect for packing in kids’ lunch boxes.
This Cinnamon Raisin Quick Bread is made with whole wheat flour, unsweetened applesauce and just a touch of brown sugar. It will be your family’s new favorite bread! I like browsing cookbooks every time I take my kids to the library. I always come home with a few and inevitably add new recipes to try to my ever growing collection. This bread recipe is thanks to the 100 Days of Real Food Cookbook and was so appealing I had to make it the very same day I discovered it.
I’ve been in a school lunch packing rut for what seems like months now. I’ve just not been very inspired on that front. With breakfasts and dinners and after school snacks to prepare, plus swim practices for most of the year to run back and forth to, lunches have been an afterthought for me this school year. So I am especially glad about this recipe because sliced and spread with some whipped cream cheese it becomes a very wholesome and delicious sandwich.
Tips for making Cinnamon Raising Quick Bread:
- Bake the quick bread in a pan like this (8 1/2 x 4 1/2 inches)
- The original recipe calls for pure maple syrup as the sweetener – I used light brown sugar instead because that is what I had on hand
- This bread is best baked the day before you want to serve it – allow it to cool completely in the pan and wrap it tightly in wax paper or plastic wrap overnight before slicing and serving
- Add a cup of chopped walnuts to the bread batter for extra crunch and dose of Omega 3’s
Foodtastic Mom is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Any highlighted, clickable Amazon link you see is an affiliate link that I may earn advertising fees on.
Thank you so much for being a faithful reader and supporter of Foodtastic Mom. Be sure to PIN and print this collection of recipes!
Cinnamon Raisin Quick Bread
Cinnamon Raisin Quick Bread is a healthy, delicious and kid-friendly snack, perfect for packing in kids' lunch boxes.
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter melted and slightly cooled
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup raisins
Preheat over to 325 degrees.
Spray an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together the melted butter, applesauce, eggs, brown sugar and vanilla.
In a smaller bowl, whisk together the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and baking powder.
Add the flour mixture and the raisins to the bowl with the butter mixture. Use a spatula or wooden spoon to stir together until no streaks of flour remain in the batter.
Spread the bread batter evenly into the prepared loaf pan.
Bake on the center rack of the oven for 45 - 50 minutes.
Allow bread to cool in the pan for about 20 minutes.
Remove from pan and finish cooling on a wire rack before cutting and serving.
Bread is even better the next day. Allow to cool completely and wrap the bread tightly in wax paper or plastic wrap.
More bread must-make recipes:
- Simple Perfect Zucchini Bread
- Rhubarb Quick Bread with Almond Streusel
- Irish Oatmeal Bread
- Jamaican Banana Bread