This air fryer baked brie is so quick to make and uses just four ingredients – including brie cheese, pecans, hot honey and fresh raspberries.
Baked brie is such a classic appetizer to serve at a party. In the past I’ve always wrapped it in a sheet of puff pastry dough and baked it in the oven. I still love to serve it that way. But if you are short on time, air fryer brie is the way to go! The air fryer melts the brie from the inside out. And it also caramelizes the honey and pecans on top. The golden brown top is pretty to look at and it’s a great combination of flavor and texture.
Why this recipe works
The brie is placed into an air fryer paper liner which prevents mess. It also makes the brie much easier to transfer from the air fryer basket to your serving dish. I use these papers in several of the air fryer recipes I have created here on Foodtastic Mom. You can find them here…
I like the flavor combination of pecans, hot honey and fresh raspberries to top the melty brie cheese in this recipe. But feel free to experiment with your own favorite topping ingredients. You could use walnuts, pistachios, my air fryer apples, regular honey, maple syrup, jelly, fig jam or even cooked bacon. The flavor variations for topping this brie are up to your own taste preferences and imagination.
Ingredients for air fryer brie
- Brie Cheese – To test this recipe, I used a larger wheel of Brie cheese from Costco (21.16 oz). But you can also use a more standard 8 oz wheel of Brie. The larger wheel of brie just takes longer to get hot and melted in the middle.
- Pecans – I use this brand of slow roasted pecans with sea salt to bake with the brie cheese.
- Hot Honey – I like the combination of sweet and spicy flavors and I tested the recipe with this brand.
- Raspberries – I garnished the hot brie with fresh red raspberries after it had been air fried
- Dippers – I used naan bread and Triscuit crackers to serve with my brie. Other good choices would be baguette bread or apple slices.
Instructions for making air fryer brie
- Use a sharp paring knife to trim away the rind from the top layer of the wheel of brie
- Place the brie in a paper liner
- Sprinkle it with pecans and drizzle it with honey
- Air fry at 375 degrees F until the cheese is nice and melted
- Remove the brie in the paper liner to a serving plate
- Top it with some crushed, fresh raspberries
- Serve immediately
Do you take the rind off brie before baking?
I remove the top rind so that the pecans and honey can bake into the brie better. But if you removed the entire rind the cheese would melt all over the place. So the answer is no, other than trimming off the top (which is optional), keep the rind on your brie cheese if you are baking it.
Can you overcook baked brie?
Yes, it can be overcooked which will result in a hard middle. To test your brie, insert a skewer or sharp knife. If the cheese sticks to it, then it’s melted and ready to serve.
You can store leftovers air fried brie cheese in the refrigerator, tightly wrapped in plastic for up to three days. Be sure and let it come to room temperature (at least 30 minutes) before serving. Or reheat the brie cheese in the air fryer. Place it in a paper liner and reheat at 350 degrees for about 5 minutes, or until melty again.
Serve air fryer brie cheese as part of a larger appetizer spread at a party. Here’s some more great appetizer recipes:
- I use a Philips XXL Air Fryer to test all of my recipes
- Paper liners for your air fryer basket
- My favorite paring knife
More air fryer recipes
Air Fryer Brie
- 1 Air Fryer
- 21 oz Brie Cheese
- 1/4 cup Pecans chopped
- 3 tbsp Hot Honey
- 1/4 cup Raspberries crushed
- Place an air fryer paper line into the air fryer basket.
- Gently trim the rind off the top surface of the brie wheel. Be sure to leave the rest of the rind on the sides and bottom intact.
- Place the wheel of brie cheese into the paper liner basket.
- Evenly top the brie with the chopped pecans. Drizzle the honey on top.
- Air fry the brie cheese at 375 degrees F.
- If the brie is 8 ounces, it should be melted in the center after about 8 minutes. If the brie is a large round from Costco (21.16 oz) it should be melted in the center after about 14 - 16 minutes.
- Be sure and stick a knife or a skewer into the center of the cheese. If it is soft and sticks to the knife or skewer, it is melted and ready to serve.
- Air fryers can vary widely in how they cook. Times in my air fryer recipes are always a starting point suggestion.
- After you remove the brie from the air fryer basket, top it with the fresh raspberries and serve it with crackers, baguette slices or Naan bread.
Foodtastic Mom is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program (Amazon Associate), an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Any highlighted, clickable Amazon link you see is an affiliate link that I may earn advertising fees on when you click to purchase.
Thank you so much for being a faithful reader and supporter of Foodtastic Mom. Be sure to PIN to Pinterest and print this recipe! Also like and tag ‘Foodtastic Mom’ on Facebook and Instagram if you make this recipe!