Your slow cooker will turn these peanut butter brownies into a magically gooey and ultra fudgy dessert experience. This recipe originally appeared on Tastes of Lizzy T.
I have a healthy collection of slow cooker recipes on my blog. I even have a slow cooker recipe sharing group on Facebook. What I didn’t have was a recipe for a slow cooker dessert (except applesauce – but I’m not sure that counts). But by publishing this recipe for Slow Cooker Peanut Butter Brownies I do now have my first official sweet slow cooker dessert.
I’ve baked a lot of brownies in my day. And I’m fond of adding Reese’s peanut butter cups to my brownies. They make cute little hand-held desserts that hardly anyone can resist.
Watch how to make Slow Cooker Peanut Butter Brownies:
But putting those ingredients in my slow cooker transforms this peanut butter filled brownie into a warm and gooey, hot fudge cake like experience. It’s so quick to throw together too. Just let the slow cooker do its thing and then you can dig into a peanut butter and chocolate lovers dream of a dessert.
So now that I’ve discovered I can use my slow cooker to create desserts, give me some ideas. What are some slow cooker desserts that you just love? Tell me in the comments. And for even more slow dessert recipes I recommend visiting www.
Slow Cooker Peanut Butter Brownies
- 1 box brownie mix I used Ghiradelli brand
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 large eggs
- 8 Reese's cups chopped
- 6 oz hot fudge sauce
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1/2 cup hot water
- Grease the inside of a 6-quart slow cooker with butter.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oil, ¼ cup of water and two eggs. Add the brownie mix and stir until combined. Add the chopped Reese's cups and stir until combined.
- Spread the brownie batter evenly in the bottom of the greased slow cooker.
- In a separate bowl (or glass measuring cup), combine the hot fudge, peanut butter and remaining ½ cup of hot water. Whisk until smooth. Pour the sauce over the brownie mix in the slow cooker.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook on HIGH power for 2 to 3 hours (or until center of brownie is just set). Serve warm topped with vanilla ice cream.