This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #StartWithJifPowder #CollectiveBias
Have you seen the new Jif Peanut Powder at Walmart? It’s just ground peanuts and provides the same delicious peanut flavor as Jif’s regular peanut butter but with 85% less fat. When you start adding up fat calories in baking products – considering other oils, buttermilk and melted butter that may be added – that is a big savings! So I was really excited to try the Jif Peanut Powder for the first time in these Skinny Peanut Butter, Banana and Chocolate Swirled Muffins.
All I’m going to say about weight loss in this post is that 2016 is starting off on a lighter note for me. I don’t want to jinx myself! And to keep that trend going, I’m actively looking for products to save fat and calories but not sacrifice flavor. That is what this Jif Peanut Powder does.
I found the original recipe for these glorious muffins HERE. I made just a few minor changes, including leaving out the oats. I actually want to try an overnight oat recipe mixed with this peanut powder next, and I just decided I didn’t want the oats to compete with the peanut butter, chocolate and banana in these muffins. The popular trifecta of peanut butter, chocolate and banana is one of my favorite flavor combinations – what about you?
These muffins really do count as skinny with the Peanut Powder plus just two tablespoons of oil in 15 muffins. No extra butter or nuts to amp up the calories. They are moist and delicious with a little extra protein (thanks to the peanut powder) to keep you full. These muffins are a perfect thing to grab with a cup of coffee on your way out the door in the morning.
I grabbed a bag at my local WalMart, brought it home and started baking. I can’t wait to try this powder in smoothies, oatmeal and other baked goods like peanut butter cookies. What would you try the new Jif Peanut Powder in first?
These Skinny Peanut Butter, Banana and Chocolate Swirled Muffins are most definitely a fantastic first recipe. Bake a batch right now and be sure and share this recipe with your friends. It’s a keeper. Happy (skinny) Baking!
Skinny Peanut Butter, Banana and Chocolate Muffins
- 3 very ripe bananas peeled and mashed
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 2 T. oil canola, walnut, melted coconut - your choice
- 1/2 c. milk skim, coconut, almond, buttermilk - your choice
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 c. flour
- 2/3 c. granulated sugar
- 1/4 c. + 2 T. Jif Peanut Powder
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/2 t. baking soda
- 4 oz. bittersweet chocolate chopped and melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line muffin tins with 15 liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the bananas, eggs, oil, milk and vanilla.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, Jif Peanut Powder, salt and baking soda.
- Add the flour mixture to the banana mixture and stir with a spatula until combined.
- In a clean bowl, mix together one cup of the muffin batter with the melted bittersweet chocolate.
- Add the chocolate batter back to the banana batter and mix gently until lightly swirled.
- Fill the 15 muffin liners with about 1/4 cup of batter each.
- Bake for 13 - 15 minutes, or until the tops of the muffins spring back when lightly touched.
- Allow muffins to cool completely and store in an air-tight container on the counter for up to 3 days.