Make any night pizza night! Air Fryer Pizza is ready in less than ten minutes and the pizza toppings are completely up to you.
I originally published this pizza recipe in 2018. And since then I’ve upgraded my air fryer. I’ve also made a lot of air fryer pizzas. I’m convinced these are the best quick pizzas you can make. So much superior to any frozen pizza you could buy.
These are perfect for after school snacks. They’re great for pizza night. Everyone can make their own. And most importantly, I figured out how to keep the pizza from “flying around” in the air fryer.
Why this recipe works
The biggest improvement I made in this recipe since originally publishing it in 2018 is using air fryer paper liners. This solves two issues. The biggest one being, flying pizzas. I’d gotten several reader comments saying their pizza crust and or cheese would blow around in the air fryer. By using these paper liners, it blocks enough of the air flow that these pizzas stay intact as they are cooking.
It also makes these pizzas completely individual and mess free. These pizzas are also great for a party. Give each person their own liner and crust. Set out a variety of toppings. Then everyone can make their own pizza. And if a little bit of topping spills off the side, the paper liner catches everything. These papers are such a great solution for making air fryer pizza!
Ingredients for air fryer pizza
This list of ingredients is just a starting point for the types of pizzas that you can create in your air fryer.
- Naan Bread – I’ve tried several different types of crust. I always come back to Naan. I love the Stonegate mini naan bread that I can easily find at my Kroger. They come four to a package and each one only has 150 calories. Plus they taste so good! They are as close as you can get to tasting like you made these pizzas from homemade pizza dough.
- Pizza Sauce – Use your favorite brand of sauce.
- Mozzarella Cheese – I like using pre-shredded mozzarella cheese. You could also choose to use a pizza blend of cheese.
- Pepperoni – This is just one topping choice. I love pepperoni pizza. But one of my new favorites is Hawaiian. I make them just like Donato’s does. Pizza sauce, cheese, chopped ham, pineapple tidbits, sliced almonds, cinnamon and a drizzle of honey on top. This may not be your cup of tea. But I’m sharing so you can see how creative you can be with these pizzas.
Instructions for making air fryer pizza
These pizzas could not be simpler to make. Place a naan bread in an air fryer paper liner. Top it with sauce and sprinkle it with cheese. Top it with pepperoni or your favorite pizza toppings. Sprinkle a little more cheese on top. And then air fry the pizza, in the paper liner. 375 degrees F for 6 – 8 minutes.
Is it better to air fry or bake pizza?
If individual pizzas can work for you, the texture of these pizzas just can’t be achieved in a home oven. I much prefer making air fryer pizzas at home to get that perfect, crispy crust. But the size of your air fryer basket means only one pizza can cook at a time. So obviously, homemade oven-baked pizzas have their place. Here is one of my favorite recipes for oven baked pizza.
Can I cook a frozen pizza in an air fryer?
Yes. An air fryer in my opinion is also the best kitchen tool for cooking frozen foods. You actually cook a frozen pizza at basically the same time and temperature as these. But trust me, these pizzas taste so much better than any frozen pizza you can buy.
These are individual size pizzas, so you’ll likely not have any leftover pizza. But if you do, wrap them in plastic wrap or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. You can reheat these pizzas in the air fryer at 350 degrees F for 3-4 minutes. You can also store the naan bread in your freezer to keep them fresh and on-hand for pizza any time.
There are so many topping options for these pizzas! Roasted garlic, fresh basil, mushrooms, bell pepper, bacon, sausage, red pepper flakes, black or green olives, ham, pineapple, roasted chicken, artichoke hearts, etc.
- I use a Philips XXL Air Fryer in my kitchen to test all of the recipes I publish on Foodtastic Mom
- These are the air fryer paper liners I use for the pizzas
- Stonegate mini naan bread that I use for this recipe
Easy air fryer recipes
More pizza recipes
Air Fryer Pizza
- 1 Air Fryer
- 1 Naan Bread I use Stonegate mini naan
- 3 tbsp Pizza Sauce
- 3 tbsp Shredded Pizza Cheese or shredded Mozzarella
- 4 slices Pepperoni
- Place the naan in an air fryer paper liner and then build your pizza.
- Top the mini naan bread with the pizza sauce, most of the pizza cheese and pepperoni.
- Sprinkle the remaining shredded cheese on top of the pepperoni.
- Set the air fryer to 375 degrees F. Place the liner and pizza into the air fryer basket.
- Air fry the pizza for 6 - 8 minutes, or until the cheese is completely melted and browned. Serve immediately.
- You can top these pizzas with whatever your favorite toppings are!
Foodtastic Mom is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program (Amazon Associate), an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Any highlighted, clickable Amazon link you see is an affiliate link that I may earn advertising fees on when you click to purchase.
Thank you so much for being a faithful reader and supporter of Foodtastic Mom. Be sure to PIN to Pinterest and print this recipe! Also like and tag ‘Foodtastic Mom’ on Facebook and Instagram if you make this recipe!