Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats take the classic rice Krispie treat recipe and kick it up with the addition of peanut butter and extra marshmallows.
There is nothing like a homemade Rice Krispie Treat. The store-bought ones need not apply. I’ve made several versions of Krispie Treats over the years. My Oreo version is very popular. And I have a healthy Krispie Treat recipe made with peanut butter and honey. So I decided I wanted to try a more decadent version with this recipe for Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats. These are thick treats and very indulgent. I think the best Krispie Treats are ones that really amp up the marshmallow to cereal ratio.
What you need for Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats
- Rice Krispies Cereal
- Peanut Butter
- Mini Marshmallows
- Salted Butter
How to make Rice Krispie Treats
Melt together the peanut butter and butter in a large stock (or soup) pot. Stir in the marshmallows until completely melted. Take the pot off the heat. Add the cereal and more marshmallows. Stir the mixture together until it is a sticky, cohesive mess. Dump the coated cereal into a glass dish. Press it gently into the dish with a spatula. Smooth the top with a spoon. Allow the Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats to cool for about an hour before slicing and serving.
- I use a stock pot similar to this one
- Size of dish for the Krispie Treats
- These treats will keep for up to 48 hours. Keep them covered on the counter. Do not refrigerate.
Foodtastic Mom is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Any highlighted, clickable Amazon link you see is an affiliate link that I may earn advertising fees on.
Thank you so much for being a faithful reader and supporter of Foodtastic Mom. Be sure to PIN and print this recipe!
Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats
- 4 tbsp salted butter
- 7 cups mini marshmallows divided
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- In a large stock pot over medium heat, melt together the butter and peanut butter.
- Stir in 5 cups of the mini marshmallows. Stir until completely melted.
- Remove the pot from the stove.
- Add the cereal and the remaining 2 cups of marshmallows.
- Stir with a spatula until completely combined. As you stir the mixture will cool and become more sticky.
- Spread the mixture into a glass dish. Smooth the top with the back of a spoon.
- Allow the Krispie treats to cool for about an hour. Slice and serve. The treats will keep for up to 48 hours - covered in the dish on the counter.
More Recipes with Cereal
- Ultimate Chex Party Mix
- No Bake S’mores Bars
- Milk and Cereal Smoothies
- Cereal Pops
- Cheerios Celebration Squares