I’ve not met many kids who don’t enjoy a Rice Krispie Treat. Problem is the original recipe loaded with butter and marshmallows isn’t something I’d hand to one of my kids before swim practice. But my recent discovery of THIS recipe has made these Krispie Treats for Athletes possible. Imagine just three ingredients that come together in a flash for tasty treats to fuel your little athlete (scholar and/or musician) as you pack up and drive off to whatever activity happens to be on the schedule for that day.
I was skeptical at first about how well the natural peanut butter and honey would “hold together” but honestly they were easier to stir, spread and slice than the original marshmallow version! These little squares have some protein, healthy fats, and a good amount of carbs to keep your child energized and satisfied. Add some orange slices and you’ve got yourself a really well-rounded snack that is simple to make and perfectly portable!
Target provided the Rice Krispies, peanut butter and honey and even the little plastic plates we use to cart around snacks in the car. But if you happen to have a peanut allergy, they could provide almond butter instead. It’s a simple swap in the recipe…
Tell me, what are your family activities that keep you running and would your kids love these Krispie Treats to snack on as much as mine do?
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #FueledForSchool #CollectiveBias
Krispie Treats for Athletes
- 1/2 c. natural no-stir peanut butter
- 1/2 c. honey
- 5 c. Rice Krispie cereal
- Spray a 9x9 metal pan with cooking spray.
- In a large pot, heat the peanut butter and honey over medium heat for 2 - 3 minutes until completely melted.
- Remove pot from heat and stir in the Rice Krispies until well coated.
- Using a rubber spatula, spread the Krispie mixture evenly into the prepared pan.
- Pop the pan into the refrigerator for about 20 minutes.
- Slice into 12 squares and serve.
- Squares will keep in an air-tight container for several days.