Oreo Krispies take the classic rice krispie treat recipe and kick it up with the addition of crushed Oreo cookies plus extra marshmallows.
This is a treat that my kids beg for and it takes only about ten minutes of effort. These Oreo Krispies don’t really seem homemade because of the help they get from the cereal and cookie aisles. But trust me, they taste infinitely better than the pre-made krispie treats you can buy in the store.
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email & I'll send it to your inbox. Plus, get great new recipes from me every week!
In my opinion the basic rice krispie treat recipe needs a little extra oomph to really make them shine. I started with this recipe here and altered it a bit, including adding the crushed Oreo cookies. They are perfect. Extra thick with lots of marshmallow flavor. Some of the recipes I found when researching Oreo Krispies included melted white chocolate – which is fine if you are a fan of white chocolate. But I prefer the more classic flavor of the melted butter and marshmallows.
These Oreo Krispies are getting rave reviews on Pinterest. I’m floored by how many people are making them and snapping photos of their efforts. I had a recent question from a reader that I think others may wonder too:
Can you cut Oreo Krispies into shapes?
Yes! In this recipe I call for the treats to be spread in a 9-inch square pan because I wanted these Oreo Krispies to be extra indulgent. But if you spread them into a 9×13 dish they will be thinner and easier to cut using a cookie cutter. I would be sure to spray the dish with cooking spray or grease with a little extra butter to make sure the shapes are easy to remove from the dish.
Thank you so much for being a faithful reader and supporter of Foodtastic Mom. Be sure to PIN and print this recipe!
Watch How to Make Oreo Krispies:
- 5 tbsp butter
- 9 cups mini marshmallows divided
- 5 cups Krispie cereal
- 16 Oreo cookies crushed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- In a large bowl, mix together the Krispie cereal, crushed Oreo cookies and one cup of mini marshmallows.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Add the remaining 8 cups of mini marshmallows and salt and stir into the melted butter. Continue stirring over medium heat until the marshmallows are completely melted into the butter.
- Pour the melted butter and marshmallow mixture over the Krispie cereal mixture and gently stir with a rubber spatula until evenly combined.
- Spread the Oreo Krispie mixture into a 9-inch square pan and press gently with the spatula to flatten the top.
- Allow the Oreo Krispies to cool in the pan for about 30 minutes before slicing and serving.
More popular desserts from my recipe collection: