Lobster al Forno is a creamy, cheesy dip made with cooked lobster, gorgonzola cheese, garlic butter and bread crumbs.
We tried Lobster Forno for the first time at the Parrot Key Caribbean Grill in Fort Myers, Florida. It was so delicious, I had to make my own version. This is a really easy dip that cooks under the broiler for just a few minutes. Buy extra the next time you make Air Fryer Lobster Tail and you’ll have plenty of tender, juicy lobster meat to make a recipe of Lobster al Forno.
What does Al Forno mean?
Translated into English, Al Forno means at or from the oven. The restaurant version dish was very shallow with just little pieces of lobster broiled in the oven under a thick coating of bread crumbs. My version is much heavier on the lobster meat. But the flavors of gorgonzola and garlic butter combine with the lobster just as well. This is one of the best appetizers I have ever ordered from a restaurant. And I am hard to impress.
Ingredients for Lobster al Forno
- Cooked Lobster
- Cream Cheese
- Gorgonzola Cheese
- Panko Bread Crumbs
How to make Lobster al Forno
Mix together the cream cheese, mayonnaise and gorgonzola until smooth. Stir in the cooked lobster, parsley and salt. Spread the mixture into a shallow baking dish. Top the lobster mixture evenly with Panko bread crumbs and a little more parsley. Melt some butter together with a clove of minced garlic and drizzle the garlic butter evenly over the top. Broil the dish for about 5 minutes, or until it is starting bubble and brown on top. Serve immediately with crackers or garlic bread.
- Use a shallow baking dish to bake the Lobster al Forno
- I used one, 6 oz lobster tail to make this appetizer
- Use mild blue cheese for this recipe, like gorgonzola or Danish blue
Foodtastic Mom is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Any highlighted, clickable Amazon link you see is an affiliate link that I may earn advertising fees on.
Lobster al Forno
- 6 oz cooked lobster tail chopped
- 1/4 cup cream cheese softened
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp Gorgonzola cheese crumbled
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/3 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Place an oven rack in the upper third of the oven and turn on the broiler at high heat.
- Stir together the cream cheese, mayonnaise and Gorgonzola until smooth.
- Stir in the lobster, half the parsley and salt.
- Spread the lobster mixture evenly into the bottom of a small, shallow baking dish.
- Sprinkle the top evenly with the Panko bread crumbs and the rest of the parsley.
- Melt the butter together with the minced garlic in the microwave.
- Evenly drizzle the garlic butter over the lobster mixture.
- Broil the lobster al forno for about 5 minutes, or until it is starting to bubble and the top is browning.
- Serve immediately with crackers or garlic bread.
More Seafood Recipes
- Air Fryer Lobster Tail
- Baja Fish Tacos
- Citrus Salmon with Avocado Salsa
- Air Fryer Shrimp Tacos
- Salmon Patty Recipe