This Blueberry Bundt Cake uses frozen blueberries, so it can be made at any time of year. The cake is moist, dense and pops out of the pan easily.
Baking is hit or miss with me. I have a few tried and true recipes that I keep making over and over because I know they won’t fail me. There’s nothing worse to me than spending money and time on a new baking recipe only to be sorely disappointed with the result.
My French Strawberry Cake was my first viral recipe which is ironic because I think of myself as a cook first and a baker second. It’s a testament to the strength of that recipe, not so much the person baking it. This Blueberry Bundt Cake recipe is similarly strong.
I’ve made this cake several times and love it each time I bake it. I found the original recipe here. The only change I made was to eliminate the orange zest and instead drizzle it with a simple glaze of fresh lemon juice and powdered sugar. I just love the classic combo of blueberry and lemon.
This Blueberry Bundt Cake can serve as a dessert cake or a “coffee cake” for breakfast. Bake it the night before and it is amazing the next morning with a hot cup of coffee. Serve it with a little fresh fruit on the side if you need to feel better about eating cake for breakfast.
Tips for Blueberry Bundt Cake:
- Use a pan similar to this one to bake this cake.
- Butter and flour the pan to make sure the cake pops out easily.
- I use this kitchen gadget to sprinkle the flour into the pan.
- This gadget is also excellent for sprinkling powdered sugar on top of cakes.
- The batter is very thick. You’ll need to scoop the batter into the pan, not pour it.
- Use a cake tester similar to this one to check the doneness of the cake.
Foodtastic Mom is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Any highlighted, clickable Amazon link you see is an affiliate link that I may earn advertising fees on.
Thank you so much for being a faithful reader and supporter of Foodtastic Mom. Be sure to PIN and print this recipe!
Blueberry Bundt Cake
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 2/3 cups granulated sugar
- 12 tbsp unsalted butter softened
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup full fat buttermilk
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter and flour a 10-inch-diameter Bundt pan.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
- With a hand or stand mixer, beat together the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time. Beat in the vanilla.
- Add one third of the flour mixture and beat on low speed until combined. Add one half of the buttermilk and beat on low speed. Repeat the process with a third of the flour, then the remaining half of the buttermilk, then the remaining third of the flour, until a smooth batter is achieved.
- Fold in the blueberries. Scoop the cake batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top.
- Bake for about 1 hour, until a cake tester inserted near the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan for about 10 minutes and then invert the pan onto a plate or cake stand to remove the cake.
- When ready to serve the cake, whisk together the lemon juice and powdered sugar until smooth. Drizzle the glaze over the top of the cake and serve.
- The cake will keep, covered in plastic wrap at room temperature, for up to two days.
More Cake Recipes: