Air Fryer Stuffed Peppers are a quick and simple to make dinner for a busy weeknight. Red bell peppers stuffed with taco-seasoned ground beef and topped with cheese.
Traditional stuffed peppers aren’t a quick meal. They require a lot of time in the oven to cook the meat and rice stuffing. Making stuffed peppers in the air fryer however makes this a quick, weeknight meal. Instead of the traditional stuffing, I decided to make these peppers taco-style. That way my kids are more likely to eat them. They’ll pretty much eat anything that resembles a taco or Mexican-style food. My Air Fryer Stuffed Peppers are filled with taco seasoned ground beef, salsa, corn and black beans. Then topped with melty Mexican shredded cheese.
What you need for Air Fryer Stuffed Peppers
- Red Bell Peppers
- Ground Sirloin
- Taco Seasoning
- Canned Corn
- Canned Black Beans
- Cream Cheese
- Mexican-blend Shredded Cheese
Are Air Fryer Stuffed Peppers Keto?
They are not Keto because of the corn and black beans. However these stuffed peppers are healthy-ish because of the pepper in place of tortillas. You’re getting a lot of nutrients from the cooked pepper. And it is still a meal that is lower in carbs than if you were eating a taco or burrito or rice bowl.
Frying the peppers before filling is the way to go
The filling cooks on the stove top. And the peppers need to cook first so they have time to get tender. The filling doesn’t need to cook that long inside the peppers. Because it’s already been cooked in a skillet. This is the primary way my recipe differs from other air fryer stuffed pepper recipes.
- My air fryer is the Philips XXL
- A small, sharp pairing knife helps to trim away the ribs and seeds from inside the peppers
- Serve air fryer corn on the cob with these peppers
Foodtastic Mom is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Any highlighted, clickable Amazon link you see is an affiliate link that I may earn advertising fees on.
Thank you so much for being a faithful reader and supporter of Foodtastic Mom. Be sure to PIN and print this recipe!
Air Fryer Stuffed Peppers
- Air Fryer
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 lb ground sirloin
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1 cup black beans drained
- 1 cup corn drained
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Cut the red bell peppers in half, top to bottom. Carefully trim out the seeds and ribs from the inside.
- Place the four pepper halves, cut side down, in the basket of your air fryer. Cook at 375 degrees F for 10 minutes.
- While the peppers are cooking, heat a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ground sirloin and cook until no longer pink, breaking it up with a heat-safe spatula as it cooks.
- Stir in the salsa and taco seasoning and allow to simmer for a few minutes.
- Stir in the corn, black beans and cream cheese. Remove from heat and stir until the cream cheese is completely combined.
- Remove the peppers and fill each of them generously. Return them to the air fryer basket, filling side up. You'll have extra filling. Make another round of peppers. Or save the filling and mix it into Kraft macaroni and cheese with some extra salsa for another meal.
- Cook at 400 degrees F for 5 minutes. Open the air fryer, top each pepper with some shredded cheese and heat again at 400 degrees for 1-2 minutes, just until the cheese is melted.
- Serve the peppers topped with sour cream and taco sauce.