Whether you call it yellow or summer squash, this recipe for Air Fryer Squash makes a meal out of a bountiful summer vegetable.
My favorite time to shop for produce is during the summer months. It’s just so simple to plan meals around such fresh and beautiful vegetables. One of the many great things about the air fryer is that it doesn’t add extra heat in the kitchen. I’ve noticed my oven seems to not be insulated well. And the entire temperature of my house raises a couple of degrees if I use it much. Not something I want to have happen when it’s hot and humid outside. I use my air fryer a lot already. But I’ve been using it even more this summer. Air Fryer Squash is just one more reason to love my air fryer.
How to Air Fry Squash
Wash and slice the squash. Toss it with a little vegetable oil, salt, oregano and pepper. Add the squash to the air fryer basket in a single layer. Cook at 400 degrees F for about 8 minutes – just until fork tender. Sprinkle the squash with some marinated feta cheese to serve.
What to serve with Air Fryer Squash
This squash makes a great addition to a completely vegetarian plate. I love it with corn on the cob and caprese salad. Or just some fresh, sliced tomatoes. Here’s some other recipes to consider serving with Air Fryer Squash –
- Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Grilled Steak with Herb Butter
- Grilled Chicken Breasts
- Perfectly Grilled Pork Chops
- Grilled Salmon in Foil
- I use a Philips XXL Air Fryer for all my recipe testing
- My favorite chef’s knife for preparing vegetables
- Use marinated feta cheese similar to this brand
- You can make this same recipe using zucchini
Foodtastic Mom is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Any highlighted, clickable Amazon link you see is an affiliate link that I may earn advertising fees on.
Thank you so much for being a faithful reader and supporter of Foodtastic Mom. Be sure to PIN and print this recipe!
Air Fryer Squash
- Air Fryer
- 3 small yellow squash
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup marinated feta cheese crumbled
- Wash and slice the yellow squash.
- Toss the squash with the vegetable oil, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Add the squash in a single layer to your air fryer basket. It's OK if they overlap a bit.
- Cook at 400 degrees F for 7 - 8 minutes. You want the squash to be fork tender.
- Remove the squash from the air fryer basket. Top it with the feta cheese. Serve.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- Brats with Beer Braised Peppers and Onions
- BBQ Chicken Legs
- Southwestern Egg Rolls
- Air Fryer Burgers
- Parmesan Garlic French Fries