Air Fryer Quesadillas are perfection. The tortilla is crisp without much fat, the cheese and other fillings are piping hot and luscious.
I love a quesadilla almost as much as I love a good, basic grilled cheese sandwich. But with the amount of butter I use in my skillet, a quesadilla has become too much of an indulgent treat. As always, my air fryer saves the day. With just a little vegetable oil, these Air Fryer Quesadillas are just perfect. Crispy on the outside. Oozing with gooey, melted cheese on the inside. They are so darn good. I love them simple with just beans and cheese. But you could add any filling you want. These are perfect for an after school snack or a ridiculously easy and satisfying dinner.
Ingredients for Air Fryer Quesadillas
- Flour Tortillas (soft taco size)
- Refried Beans
- Shredded Cheese (I like Kraft Mexican Four Cheese)
- Vegetable Oil
- Taco Sauce (I use Taco Bell Mild)
- Shredded Lettuce
- Salsa (this is my favorite brand)
- Sour Cream
How to make Air Fryer Quesadillas
Spread a thin layer of refried beans onto half the tortilla. Top the beans with about a tablespoon of taco sauce and spread it evenly to cover the beans. Evenly sprinkle about a 1/2 cup of shredded cheese over the beans and sauce. Fold over the tortilla to make the quesadilla. Press down to make sure it sticks together.
Brush both sides of the quesadilla lightly with vegetable oil.
I use a silicone pastry brush to apply the vegetable oil.
Air fry the quesadilla at 350 degrees F for 7 – 8 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the outside of the quesadilla is lightly toasted. I did not find it necessary to flip the quesadilla over halfway through. Depending on your brand of air fryer, you may need to flip yours over halfway through.
Slice the quesadilla into three wedges. Serve it with a side of shredded lettuce, salsa and sour cream.
Other options for Air Fryer Quesadilla fillings:
- Taco-seasoned ground beef or turkey
- Rotisserie chicken
- Cooked shrimp
- Sauteéd peppers and onions
- Chopped Avocado
- Pickled Jalapeños
Air Fryer Tips
- I used a Philips XXL Air Fryer to test all of my recipes
- Here’s all the rest of my Best Air Fryer Recipes
- Purchase a silicone pastry brush here
- Metal tongs for removing the quesadilla from the air fryer basket
Foodtastic Mom is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Any highlighted, clickable Amazon link you see is an affiliate link that I may earn advertising fees on.
Air Fryer Quesadillas
- Air Fryer
- 1 flour tortilla soft taco size
- 3 tbsp refried beans
- 2 tbsp taco sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 tbsp salsa
- 1 tbsp sour cream
- Spread the refried beans evenly over one half of the tortilla.
- Spread the taco sauce evenly on top of the beans.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese evenly over the top of the beans.
- Fold the tortilla in half and press down to seal.
- Use a silicone pastry brush to coat both sides of the quesadilla with vegetable oil.
- Place the quesadilla in the basket of the air fryer.
- Air fry the quesadilla at 350 degrees F for 7 - 8 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the tortilla is lightly toasted.
- Slice the quesadilla into wedges and serve it with lettuce, salsa and sour cream.