I love soup, don’t you? Our kids love it too. And this tortellini soup recipe could not be simpler!
This soup is great for a night when you are really short on time, but still want to fill up on something nutritious. The key to this soup is purchasing high-quality tortellini. Beyond that, the soup is a simple mix of fresh onion, garlic and spinach, diced tomatoes, chicken (or vegetable) broth, and seasonings.
I’m a fan of quick comfort food! I served this alongside my homemade World’s Best Garlic Bread with some peeled clementines to round out the meal.
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 t. salt
- 1/2 t. oregano
- 1/4 t. thyme
- 1/4 t. marjoram
- 1/4 t. black pepper
- 1 (15 oz.) can diced tomatoes (with juices)
- 4 c. low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 9 oz. good quality tortellini (any variety, fresh or frozen)
- 3 c. fresh baby spinach, washed
- Heat the olive oil in a stock pot over medium heat. Add onion and sauté, stirring occasionally, until onions soften and just begin to brown. Add the garlic and seasonings (salt through pepper) and sauté for one minute, until garlic becomes fragrant. Add tomatoes and broth. Bring to a boil, and add the tortellini. Cook according to package directions (should be about 8 minutes). During final minute of cooking time, add fresh spinach and allow it to cook down into the soup. Taste, adjust seasonings, and serve with garlic bread.