Thai Ramen combines ramen noodles with pork in a creamy, tangy, spicy sauce. A little planning ahead makes this an easy weeknight dinner.
I got to travel to Thailand in March of 2020 and it was the trip of a lifetime. I’ve always enjoyed the flavors in Thai cuisine – coconut, peanut, lime, sugar and curry spice. And I enjoy the flavors even more so since having the opportunity to visit in person. This recipe is kind of my tribute to the amazing memories from our trip. But it’s definitely a more state-side version of Thai flavors. I’m not claiming these Thai Ramen Noodle Bowls to be authentic Thai, but they sure are delicious! This recipe is very similar to my Slow Cooker Satay Pork. I just make more broth and add cooked ramen noodles when ready to serve. This is a great make-ahead meal.
Ingredients for Thai Ramen
- Pork Tenderloin
- Light Coconut Milk
- Thai Red Curry Paste
- Soy Sauce
- Peanut Butter
- Ramen Noodles
- Red Pepper
How to make Thai Ramen Noodle Bowls
Whisk together the sauce ingredients – light coconut milk, curry paste, soy sauce, peanut butter, lime juice and sugar. Add the pork tenderloin to the slow cooker. Cook on low heat for 6 – 8 hours. Shred the pork and keep the meat and broth warm until ready to serve.
When ready to serve, cook the ramen noodles according to package directions. Drain the water from the noodles. Add a serving of noodles to each bowl. Top with plenty of broth and some of the shredded pork. Garnish the bowls with lime wedges, sliced red pepper and crushed peanuts.
- The seasoning packet that comes with some ramen is not needed for this recipe. Choose ramen noodles like these (no seasoning) if you can find them.
- I use a 6-quart slow cooker to test all of my recipes.
Foodtastic Mom is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Any highlighted, clickable Amazon link you see is an affiliate link that I may earn advertising fees on.
Thank you so much for being a faithful reader and supporter of Foodtastic Mom. Be sure to PIN and print this recipe!
- slow cooker
- 1 pork tenderloin about 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 pounds
- 2 cans light coconut milk
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup Thai red curry paste more if you like more heat
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 8 pkgs ramen noodles
- 1 red pepper thinly sliced
- crushed peanuts and lime wedges for garnish
- Whisk together the light coconut milk, soy sauce, peanut butter, Thai red curry paste, lime juice and sugar.
- Place the pork tenderloin into the Crock Pot liner.
- Pour the sauce over the pork tenderloin.
- Cover and cook the pork and sauce on low heat for 6-8 hours.
- Shred the pork and keep the pork and sauce warm.
- Cook the ramen noodles according to package directions. Don't use the seasoning packets if included. Drain the ramen.
- Place a serving of ramen noodles in each bowl. Top each with broth and some of the shredded pork.
- Garnish the Thai ramen with some red pepper slices, lime wedge and crushed peanuts.