Thai Chili Chicken Dip is a layered dip combining cream cheese, chicken, fresh veggies and chopped peanuts with the sweet and spicy flavors of Thai cuisine.
I was asked to provide an appetizer to go with homemade Pad Thai recently. A quick Google search led me to a Thai Chicken Dip. It had some promise but of course I had to put my own spin on it – meaning I pretty much changed everything about the original recipe. What I created is pretty to look at and really delicious to eat. Your guests will appreciate this unique appetizer on a party table. The red and green colors look especially festive for the holiday season. And since the dip is best served with rice crackers, it’s friendly for your guests that are gluten-free.
Is Thai Chili Chicken Dip sweet or spicy?
This dip is both sweet and spicy. That’s because I use both Chili Garlic Sauce (the one with the green lid) and Sweet Chili Sauce. What I found really funny is that when cream cheese is mixed in combination with these two sauces for the base, it tastes very similar to this brand of pimento cheese spread. Which happens to be a childhood favorite of mine.
How to make Thai Chili Chicken Dip?
Make this dip one day ahead and store it covered in the refrigerator. Just add the chopped peanuts right before serving, so they stay crunchy. Scroll down for the full recipe with instructions. The cream cheese layer goes first, followed by the rotisserie chicken layer, topped with chopped red peppers, basil and peanuts. The rice crackers made the most sense to me as dippers for this colorful and full of flavor appetizer.
- A nine-inch pie plate works well for this dip.
- This is the brand of chili garlic sauce I use in this recipe.
- Use your favorite brand of sweet chili sauce. Kroger and Trader Joe’s make good versions.
Foodtastic Mom is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Any highlighted, clickable Amazon link you see is an affiliate link that I may earn advertising fees on.
Thank you so much for being a faithful reader and supporter of Foodtastic Mom. Be sure to PIN and print this recipe!
Thai Chili Chicken Dip
- 12 oz Philadelphia whipped cream cheese
- 1/4 cup chili garlic sauce
- 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1 1/2 cups rotisserie chicken shredded
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds toasted
- 2 tbsp chili garlic sauce
- 2 tbsp sweet chili sauce
- 1/2 cup red pepper finely chopped
- 1/4 cup green onions thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup dry roasted peanuts finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh basil chopped
- Using a hand or stand mixer, blend together the cream cheese with the 1/4 cup each of the chili garlic and sweet chili sauces. Spread the mixture evenly in the bottom of a large pie plate.
- Toss together the chicken with the sesame seeds and remaining chili garlic and sweet chili sauces. Top the cream cheese mixture evenly with the chicken.
- Top the chicken mixture with the chopped red pepper, green onions and basil. Cover the dish and refrigerate for a couple of hours or overnight.
- Add the chopped peanuts to the dip when ready to serve. Serve the dip with rice crackers.