Slow Cooker Creamy Lemon Chicken Pasta is a terrific slow cooker recipe to transition you from summer to fall.
This slow cooker creamy lemon chicken and artichoke pasta is a bright and citrusy dinner. It’s perfect for leaving summer behind and getting ready for fall and slow cooker weather. Myer lemon and thyme flavor a creamy sauce that coats the pasta, chicken and artichokes.
It’s still hot outside but I’m in that nesting mode of getting ready for fall and back to school time. We’re spending more time in our finished (and cold) basement glued to the Olympics on TV so it seemed like it was time to create a new recipe for the slow cooker.
My recipes for the slow cooker seem to be pretty popular and are getting shared HERE, HERE and HERE on a regular basis. So jump on the bandwagon and pin and or print this recipe. You’ll be glad to have it in your collection on the many busy school nights yet to come!
Slow Cooker Creamy Lemon Chicken Pasta
- 6 chicken breasts boneless and skinless
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 Meyer lemon
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 3/4 cup whipped cream cheese
- 1 15 oz can artichoke hearts quartered and drained
- 12 oz pasta cooked to al dente
- Pour the chicken stock in a slow cooker set to low.
- Heat butter in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle one side of each chicken breast evenly with the salt, thyme and pepper. Zest the lemon evenly over the chicken.
- Brown the seasoned side of the chicken breasts in the buttered skillet, about 5 - 7 minutes until well browned.
- Place the chicken (browned-side up) in the slow cooker with the chicken stock. Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Remove the chicken and slice. Add the cream cheese and 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice to the chicken stock. Whisk to combine.
- Stir in the cooked chicken, artichoke hearts and cooked pasta. Allow to warm back up for about 20 minutes before serving.