This post was sponsored by OMAGGIO® Limited Reserve Extra Virgin Olive Oil and I was compensated to write it. Regardless, what I have written reflects my own opinion and experience. I hope you find it useful. #omaggiolimited #ad
I know a lot of people (especially retailers) think November 1st is when it is time to think about the holidays. And by holidays, I am not speaking of Thanksgiving. The big bird seems to get the shaft more so each year. Not from me though. I love Thanksgiving. I won’t be sharing any holiday-themed posts (Christmas for me) on my little blog until December 1st. I just can’t do it. Not when I get the chance to create such a gorgeous THANKSGIVING-themed hostess gift thanks to OMAGGIO Limited Reserve Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email & I'll send it to your inbox. Plus, get great new recipes from me every week!
I mean really, what host or hostess wouldn’t be pleased if you showed up at the door with this beautiful basket?! A loaf of freshly baked, artisan Rosemary Bread, this handsome bottle of olive oil (OMAGGIO Limited Reserve Extra Virgin Olive Oil is available at your local Sam’s Club for a limited time only so hurry while supplies last), a festive bottle topper and a pretty kitchen towel.
You can really taste the difference of a superior authentic Extra Virgin Olive Oil like OMAGGIO. And this bread was surprisingly easy to make. My stand mixer did all the kneading and other than the rise times (during which you can go fold some laundry or even run an errand) the bread only takes 20 minutes to bake. Seriously, a bakery quality loaf of bread from your very own kitchen. It amazes me every time!
Go on and pin this recipe so you have it ready at a moment’s notice and be sure and pick up a couple of bottles of OMAGGIO Limited Reserve Extra Virgin Olive Oil – one for you and one as part of this Thanksgiving hostess gift.
Rosemary Bread with OMAGGIO Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 packet instant yeast I used Red Star Platinum brand
- 2 t. sugar
- 1 c. warm water
- 2 T. fresh rosemary chopped
- 2 T. OMAGGIO Limited Reserve Extra Virgin Olive Oil divided
- 1 t. salt
- 1/2 t. black pepper
- 3 c. all-purpose flour plus more if dough is too sticky
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with dough hook attachment, add the yeast, sugar and water. Allow to rest for about 10 minutes until yeast is nice and foamy.
- Add the rosemary, oil, salt, pepper and flour. Mix on low speed and allow the dough hook to knead the bread for at least 5 minutes.
- Take the dough out of the bowl and knead lightly on the counter, adding a little more flour if the dough is too sticky.
- Form into a ball. Place in a glass bowl and add an additional tablespoon of the OMAGGIO Limited Reserve Extra Virgin Olive Oil turning so entire dough ball is coated. Cover the bowl with a towel and allow to rise for 1 hour, or until doubled in size.
- Deflate dough and form into an oblong shaped loaf. Place on a piece of parchment paper and allow to rise again until doubled in size - an additional 30-45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place a pizza stone or baking sheet turned upside down on the middle rack of the oven. Place a shallow pan on the bottom rack of the oven.
- With a serrated knife, cut a couple of slashes in the top of the loaf.
- Carefully place the loaf of bread (on the parchment paper) on the pizza stone. I used a pizza peel to transfer the loaf.
- Pour one cup of water into the pan on the bottom rack. The steam will help the crust to get crisper.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes. The loaf will be nice and brown and sound hollow when tapped.