My son and I had so much fun making our very first video tutorial for these Pizza Bagels. I hope you enjoy it too and more importantly – eating the results!
I’m all about fun family food this weekend – see my previous recipe for Loaded Totchos. My kids are my heart after all. I was over at my friend and across the street neighbor’s house last night and we were talking about kids. Hers are older – one is getting ready for her pediatrics residency and the other has a landscaping business – and she said that with each child it’s like your heart grows arms and legs and leaves your body with them. So there’s your heart, exposed and vulnerable but proud and bursting with love at the same time. I thought that was a pretty accurate image.
And seeing the pride in my son when he tries new things like this – helping me shoot a foodie video – well that practically makes my heart explode. I mean they are just pizza bagels, but the experience surrounding whatever food you make with your kids can make it so much more, you know what I mean?
Anyway, these Pizza Bagels are pretty awesome if I do say so myself. The key is melting a clove of fresh garlic in the microwave with butter and brushing that on first. Then top with shredded cheese and pepperoni, bake until all melted and golden brown and dunk in yummy tomato sauce. They are a favorite snack and quick meal option in our house now for sure. I know you’ll love them too!
- 2 plain bagels (I used Thomas' brand)
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 3 T. butter
- 4 oz. mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 8 slices large, extra thin pepperoni
- Your favorite pasta sauce for dipping
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Split bagels and place four halves, cut side up, on sheet pan.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the garlic clove and butter together, about 1 minute.
- Brush each bagel half evenly with the garlic butter mixture.
- Top each bagel half evenly with the shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Top each bagel half with two slices of pepperoni.
- Bake the pizza bagels until cheese is melted and tops are starting to brown, about 10 minutes.
- Heat your pasta sauce and serve with the pizza bagels for dipping.