These patriotic pretzel bites are the perfect dessert snack for little hands to get involved, helping to make your party prep smooth and simple!
I’m sure by now many of you have made these little sweet and salty pretzel bites, or at least you’ve eaten them at a friend’s house? I’ve tried them at several parties and finally got around to making them myself. Now I’m a total convert to this colorful party sweet.
They’re an adorable little nibble to set around in small bowls at a party. And thanks to M&M’s helpfully providing their chocolate candies in colors appropriate for every holiday (this is NOT a sponsored post) these pretzel bites can be customized for any occasion. With high school graduations coming up you can even make these in your school colors.
But I’m partial to red, white and blue. Memorial Day, Labor Day, 4th of July… any other day you want to show you are proud to be an American. Just looking at these makes me smile. They sure made my daughter smile this morning too as she was helping me unwrap Rolos and count out M&M’s. She LOVED helping and at nine years old can do these all by herself. And I am all about free help in the kitchen!
- 36 pretzels (bite-sized)
- 36 Rolo candies
- 36 M&M candies (12 red, 12 white, 12 blue)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place pretzels in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Unwrap the Rolo candies and place one Rolo in the center of each pretzel.
- Bake the Rolo topped pretzels for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and gently press one M&M candy into the top of each Rolo.
- Allow to cool completely (so chocolate hardens up again) before setting out in bowls.
- Multiply the recipe if you need more pretzel bites.
- Change the color of M&M candies to fit your specific celebration.