This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #WaysToWow #CollectiveBias
Want to fancy up a typical pimento cheese dip appetizer? Add crab to it! That’s what I did to create this Layered Crab and Pimento Dip recipe.
This savory dip is sure to impress your guests and is a fantastic choice for a New Year’s Eve gathering! Or sports watching. Or a Girls’ Night In. You get the idea…
The Town House Crackers were pretty easy to grab at Target. I’m there at least once a week. Anyone else a Target junkie? I see the Pinterest boards and my Facebook and Instagram feeds… I know I’m not alone here!
Layered Crab and Pimento Dip with Town House Crackers
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- 8 oz. extra sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 8 oz. monterey jack cheese shredded
- 1/2 c. mayonnaise
- 12 oz. jarred pimentos well drained
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 T. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 t. smoked paprika
- cracked black pepper
- 1 lb. jumbo lump crab meat picked over to remove any shell bits
- 1/3 c. 5 1/3 T. melted butter
- 4 T. Durkee's Famous Sauce or good-quality purchased honey mustard sauce
- 1/2 t. salt
- pinch ground red pepper
- 1/2 t. ground dry mustard
- juice of half a lemon
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 c. Town House cracker crumbs
- 2 egg whites beat to stiff peaks
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- With a hand or stand mixer, whip together the cream cheese, cheddar and jack cheeses, mayonnaise, pimentos, lemon juice, Worcestershire, smoked paprika and a couple of twists of the black pepper.
- Spread the pimento cheese evenly in the bottom of a large, greased baking dish.
- Place the crab meat in the bottom of a large, clean glass bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together the melted butter, Durkee's Sauce (or honey mustard) salt, red pepper, dry mustard, lemon juice and egg yolks. Pour the dressing mixture over the crab and gently fold together with a spatula.
- Sprinkle the cracker crumbs evenly over the crab mixture.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Add the egg whites to the crab and cracker mixture and gently fold everything together with a spatula until well combined.
- Spread the deviled crab evenly over the top of the pimento cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until nicely browned on the top.
- Serve warm with Town House Crackers to dip.