Crockpot Chicken Tacos are always a family-favorite meal. A few surprising ingredients make this shredded chicken taco filling irresistible.
Most recipes for Crockpot Chicken Tacos call for tossing the chicken with a jar of salsa and an envelope of taco seasoning. I decided to create something different. I have a fantastic recipe for chicken tacos made in a skillet that includes yellow mustard. This may sound odd for tacos, but trust me, it works. So using that recipe as my foundation, I came up with a chicken taco filling that is really delicious.
How to Make Crockpot Chicken Tacos:
This recipe is so simple. Place the chicken breasts in the crockpot. Whisk together the sauce ingredients (scroll to the bottom of this article to find the full recipe). Pour the sauce over the chicken. Cook the chicken on LOW heat for 6 – 8 hours. Shred the chicken and stir in some fresh lime juice right before serving.
What Toppings to Serve with Crockpot Chicken Tacos:
Toppings for tacos are a personal preference. With these tacos I like to serve shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, shredded cheese, sour cream and salsa. Black olives and diced onions would be good additions. And of course don’t forget the guacamole and margaritas to make a complete meal.
- I use a Crockpot (6-quart size) similar to this one for making these chicken tacos.
- Tongs similar to these are what I use to shred the chicken and serve it from the Crockpot.
- Use your favorite brand of taco sauce – this is the brand I used for this recipe.
Foodtastic Mom is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Any highlighted, clickable Amazon link you see is an affiliate link that I may earn advertising fees on.
Thank you so much for being a faithful reader and supporter of Foodtastic Mom. Be sure to PIN and print this recipe!
Crockpot Chicken Tacos
- 3 large chicken breasts boneless and skinless
- 1/2 cup taco sauce I used Taco Bell brand
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp yellow mustard
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp hot sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- Place the chicken breasts in the Crockpot insert.
- Whisk together the sauce ingredients - taco sauce through garlic powder.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken.
- Cook the chicken on LOW heat for 6 - 8 hours.
- Shred the chicken. Stir in the fresh lime juice and serve.
Love this recipe! It was so easy and had so much flavor. Will be making this again for sure!
Thanks for the positive review Kim!
I love taco EVERYTHING so I can’t wait to try your crockpot chicken tacos!
I think you’ll love them!
safira adam says
The whole family loves these and making them in the crockpot took alot of the faffing away! Thank you for sharing
Glad to hear it!
Wow! It really doesn’t get any easier than this for dinner. Such a great idea to use the slow cooker. This would be great on game days too.
I agree – perfect for game days!
Perfect new recipe to try for Taco Tuesday! I love that I can use my crockpot for the chicken and have it all ready.